What MTB pedals????

tunariaan

I currently have the old Shimano 540 on there, they are a few years old, 352g

Then the option are

Shimano xt 343g

Shimano xtr 325g, not really alot between these 2 and then there is the look Qurtz carbon at 230g,

are any of you using these look pedals and are there anything negative about them, do they clip in and out fairly easy

Advice would be much appreciated

I currently have the old Shimano 540 on there, they are a few years old, 352g

Then the option are

Shimano xt 343g

Shimano xtr 325g, not really alot between these 2 and then there is the look Qurtz carbon at 230g,

are any of you using these look pedals and are there anything negative about them, do they clip in and out fairly easy

Advice would be much appreciated

Keep your 540's, I am sure they are the XT pedals without the badge. Toughest pedals in the world...ever

If you want to go weight weenie, cb4TI's seems to be the choice of many a racing snake but beware, they are flippen expensive and maintenance whores.

thanks rouxtjie are these cb4TI shimano or what i have never heard of them

sorry man...crank brothers 4Ti's, so no, they are not shimano but crankbrothers. Very pimp and light but if you don't like float, rebuilding pedals and an expensive price tag, they are not for you.

Use to ride on Shimano XTR, no Look Quartz, awesome pedals. :thumbup:

Andro, i am using look quartz pedals at the moment and i think they are the K!@! est pedals i have used. here is why

they don't click when you clip in so you never know if you are clipped in or not, which has lead to a couple of near involuntary dismounts on technical sections, and secondly i seem to bash them on rocks alot more than any other pedal, not sure if its because of the dimensions. i must say that i enjoyed the egg beaters except for the clicking sound they make when they start to wear. i think shimano pedals are probably the best all round pedals price vs function. i dont think that the price difference between xtr and xt pedals is justified though

Go for the XT pedals, they are hard as heck and also last forever. I've had three pairs of Crankbrothers pedals before, rubbish pedals!

Yes the CB weight saving doesn't help if you need to carry a spare set with you. Just to changed to XT

Go for XTR. Sure at about R 1200.00 its pricey, but look at what you get. They are maintenance free, weigh very little, bullet-proof and shed mud better than anything out there. Plus, they look awesome.

Andro, i am using look quartz pedals at the moment and i think they are the K!@! est pedals i have used. here is why

they don't click when you clip in so you never know if you are clipped in or not, which has lead to a couple of near involuntary dismounts on technical sections, and secondly i seem to bash them on rocks alot more than any other pedal, not sure if its because of the dimensions. i must say that i enjoyed the egg beaters except for the clicking sound they make when they start to wear. i think shimano pedals are probably the best all round pedals price vs function. i dont think that the price difference between xtr and xt pedals is justified though

Dont think they are the most crappy one around.. Had 4 sets of egg beaters, look lekker but dont last, from the cheapest to the Ti's. had them, Shimano manuf the most robust pedal, but I like my Quarts.

diffrent strokes for diffrent okes :whistling:

You not the first guy that doesn't like the look cleating action, it seems it takes a while to get used to and or for the pedal to "wear in"

Tuna to be honest....stick with your 540's, like I said they are basically XT's without the label and 1 x 5g lead pellet in each. You can do better upgrades with that money especially since SPD pedal and cockroaches are the only two things that can survive a atomic bomb.....FACT