Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be amazed at what physiological changes occur in your body when you start using it ...

Interesting topic, any ideas on how long it takes to "reopen" these systems and what level of training and intensity (for example how many hours per week and at what HR %) is required to do so?

I sommer gooi donuts :thumbup:

Dangle the Drifter - starring soon at your nearest Mattress World. Free Cabanossi and Stewed Prunes for the first 50 entrants

ANY training plan should be divided into an off-peak, pre-peak and peak period, and the respective conditioning elements on which you focus should be addressed according to that specific period within which you find yourself. Example: in the off-peak period you will give much more attention to establishing a ell orchestrated logistical transport system within your body than what you would focus on development of speed. What period are you training in now with your Epic prep?

sound suspiciously like the guy who tried to recruit me as a golden products rep.

Who have you put on the podium?

Christine Jansen van Rensburg - her testimonial reads:

"Pierre’s coaching advice and guidance was instrumental in guiding my performance during the 2011 ABSA Cape Epic mountain bike race. His approach on training time optimisation through quality training sessions worked well and helped me gaining maximum from relatively little time spent on my mountain bike in preparation for this arduous event."

Dr Christine Jansen van Rensburg

nd
Mixed Sub Vet Overall

st
Mixed Sub Vet South African Teams

Sorry, but I don't think she was on the podium -- I am pretty sure there is no sub vet category in Epic (I may be wrong though). She finished 10th mixed team and 132nd overall, and best was a seventh on a stage. Very good results, but not the podium.

Edited by TimW

I do, I drink Stella Artois and then I pee supplements.

I also chow cabanossi on the bike and eat at least three Big Al's sputniks every night before bed.

Isssiiiiittttttttttttt??????????

Moet nou nie al ons secrets gaan uit blaker nie, dumbass!

Jissie BOETA, dis 'n goeie idee! Gaan kyk by http://www.thehubsa....spring-special/, dan sien jy alles. En bel my as daar iets is wat jy sukkel om te verstaan ...

You're messing with the wrong guy, he knows what it takes to complete the Epic...and more. All of this whilst juggling life, including finances..and yes her earns more than most of us...and work harder..

Interesting topic, any ideas on how long it takes to "reopen" these systems and what level of training and intensity (for example how many hours per week and at what HR %) is required to do so?

That is determined by your genetics and current level of conditioning. It is not a 1-size-fits-all. Changes should start happening within 3 months if you do the right things in the right sequence.

You're messing with the wrong guy, he knows what it takes to complete the Epic...and more. All of this whilst juggling life, including finances..and yes her earns more than most of us...and work harder..

Replies on topics are mos faceless and onanymoes, giving everyone the freedom of speech, or so it is perceived. Hence the manner of some responses - all in the spirit of communal discussion, with no reference to culture, religion, race, sex or origin. May common sense prevail ...

Edited by Enticement

Who have you put on the podium? Sorry, but I don't think she was on the podium -- I am pretty sure there is no sub vet category in Epic (I may be wrong though). She finished 10th mixed team and 132nd overall, and best was a seventh on a stage. Very good results, but not the podium.

I'm glad you are not part of my R&D department!

Replies on topics are mos faceless and onanymoes, giving everyone the freedom of speech, or so it is perceived. Hence the manner of some responses - all in the spirit of communal discussion, with no reference to culture, religion, race, sex or origin. May common sense prevail ...

Common sense is indeed prevailing, that is while you are battling to sell your goods...

Common sense is indeed prevailing, that is while you are battling to sell your goods...

HaHa, presumptuous. Rest assured, I'm definitely not "battling"! My athletes' honestly perform well and I'm on capacity! Question remains: How many Epic riders participate with the "hope" but not the "assurance", and that is quite a risky way to invest all the time and money.

Isssiiiiittttttttttttt??????????

Moet nou nie al ons secrets gaan uit blaker nie, dumbass!

Let' see if we can get better.

I'm glad you are not part of my R&D department!

Can you get me and Spinnekop on any podiums ?

Let' see if we can get better.

Can you get me and Spinnekop on any podiums ?

I want to be the king of babbas....do I get a crown...maybe a scepter, knobkierie wil do