Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Enticement I'm doing my first Epic next year so I'm trying to get as much free advice as I can get from experts like you. So could I please ask that you write in English not management consultant speak?

Thanks in advance.

He'll translate for a fee. What was it again R15k?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup this is a touchy subject for me... Signed up with these guys for R800 per month for "Personalized training" received a mail with a questioner asking random basic questions like: Do you prefer longer rides over shorter ones? Rate your climbing strength on a scale of 1-10. Now if you answered say, I prefer shorter rides and 2 out of 10 on climb strength you then receive a well informed email stating that "you need to work on your endurance and your climbing abilities" very insightful....

The you get an email with a months program: Monday: Rest Tuesday: Cycle 90min Wed: Run 30min and so on. That's it.... R800 per month for a sheet of paper telling you when to cycle and when to run and when to rest.... Then after the first month when I saw this is all it entailed and wanted to quit, I was reminded sorry you signed a 3 month contract and whether I liked it or not I would need to pay the R1600 balance.

Hence I wasn't happy but payed my school fees. Paid the R1600 and said not to bother mailing me the other 2 sheets of paper.

And the plot thickens! There goes my hopes for a gangum style program

Thanks for the heads up maldino, wonder what the response will be

Stewed prunes are better!

On youtube Sauser has a clip about Leadville100, we wanted prunes/plums (they didn't know so bought both)... Wondered if that wouldn't make him pull a "Kulhavy" like that one world cup where he had to abandon the race to go to the loo!

Yup this is a touchy subject for me... Signed up with these guys for R800 per month for "Personalized training" received a mail with a questioner asking random basic questions like: Do you prefer longer rides over shorter ones? Rate your climbing strength on a scale of 1-10. Now if you answered say, I prefer shorter rides and 2 out of 10 on climb strength you then receive a well informed email stating that "you need to work on your endurance and your climbing abilities" very insightful....

The you get an email with a months program: Monday: Rest Tuesday: Cycle 90min Wed: Run 30min and so on. That's it.... R800 per month for a sheet of paper telling you when to cycle and when to run and when to rest.... Then after the first month when I saw this is all it entailed and wanted to quit, I was reminded sorry you signed a 3 month contract and whether I liked it or not I would need to pay the R1600 balance.

Hence I wasn't happy but payed my school fees. Paid the R1600 and said not to bother mailing me the other 2 sheets of paper.

:offtopic: :eek:

it soungs like you were scammed.... like a Boss! Edited by Mr SingleTrack

Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?