Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

This year there were 2 - the ultra in Wellington and the marathon next weekend in Hilton KZN. I'm pretty sure it will be somewhere up north next year but will let you know when I have the information.

Hell... work is going to suffer if things carry on like this for a whole year...

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing of Dangle - I even doubt if that is his picture. I'm not even interested in his performance as I always ride my own race. I will be 53 with the next SA Champs so I'm an old man that only started competitive mountain bike racing in 2008. You can check my workouts on Endomondo as I log them all there - I do around 300km a week mountain biking (not road), which is around 11 hours per week, and my aim is to do well next year, specifically on XCO. I used to by quite handy on the 800m as my genetics doesn't really make me a good long distance endurance athlete, although I have done a 2h45 marathon (running).

Just ordinary, but enjoying every moment of it! I have 4 children and we keep each other quite busy - sometimes they beat me, sometimes I beat them.

Facepalm.... really?

Edited by Scottondale

I know nothing of Dangle - I even doubt if that is his picture. I'm not even interested in his performance as I always ride my own race. I will be 53 with the next SA Champs so I'm an old man that only started competitive mountain bike racing in 2008. You can check my workouts on Endomondo as I log them all there - I do around 300km a week mountain biking (not road), which is around 11 hours per week, and my aim is to do well next year, specifically on XCO. I used to by quite handy on the 800m as my genetics doesn't really make me a good long distance endurance athlete, although I have done a 2h45 marathon (running).

Just ordinary, but enjoying every moment of it! I have 4 children and we keep each other quite busy - sometimes they beat me, sometimes I beat them.

2:45 marathon. Dangle, luckily you are not running against this guy.

I am just guessing here but aren't you on of the people who organise the XCO racing series at Fountains, who owned DAD's Cycling in Centurion and worked for Fritz for a while? Your one sons name is David if I am correct

A quick google and you will find what you are looking for

I suspect that this will be a very one-sided affair....

Age and "only been Mtb'ing since 2008" is already being bandied about...

Edited by Octavian

I suspect that this will be a very one-sided affair....

Age is already being bandied about...

Clearly 'get your disclaimers in early', make it easier to deal with later...

I will see you at the 2013 SA XCM champs and will ride the crap out of you on the 80km marathon - it should be to your advantage as you have age in your favor. I'm not an ultra distance rider and focus on XCO, but will accommodate your probable lack of bike skills.

Rather go compete against each other in a real race like the Attakwas January 2013, the race Dangle mentioned. He even offered to ride single speed rigid fork for varksakes, so it should cancel out your over 50 age and four kids and a maid excuse.

Rather go compete against each other in a real race like the Attakwas January 2013, the race Dangle mentioned. He even offered to ride single speed rigid fork for varksakes, so it should cancel out your over 50 age and four kids and a maid excuse.

You forgot only competitively riding mtb since 2008....

A quick google and you will find what you are looking for

No need I know its Pierre, would like to see the list of the athletes he has coached and their results since starting under his guidance

I will see you at the 2013 SA XCM champs and will ride the crap out of you on the 80km marathon - it should be to your advantage as you have age in your favor. I'm not an ultra distance rider and focus on XCO, but will accommodate your probable lack of bike skills.

You do know that if you chicken out now - not a single member on the hub will ever take any of your future posts seriously.

Please give us a exact date and time as i'm not missing this for the world.

You look like a fit toppie that know's his stuff, but you'll have to stick to a REAL good "battle plan" or else Dangle will make your naam gat!

You forgot only competitively riding mtb since 2008....

So true!

Rather go compete against each other in a real race like the Attakwas January 2013, the race Dangle mentioned. He even offered to ride single speed rigid fork for varksakes, so it should cancel out your over 50 age and four kids and a maid and old car no money heavy bike not fit yet since 2008 and whatnot excuse.