Let's see those On One's

Hairy

Aaahh, slot dropouts.

Remind me this evening, I may have something for you.

Excellent. Thanks. Will do

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question please.

My frame has sliding rear drop outs.

Thus SS with a tensioner.

Is there a rear derailleur hanger available for these frames?

Might like to run her geared for fun.

#sies

A question please.

My frame has sliding rear drop outs.

Thus SS with a tensioner.

Is there a rear derailleur hanger available for these frames?

Might like to run her geared for fun.

Yebo, I bought one in a while back from CRC - I think it was DMR - but it was the last one in stock at the time. Worked out to R550 landed with DHL express. Maybe ask them on the chat line - I think it was called "DMR tensioner with mech hanger", or something along those lines. What was quite nice about it was that it came with a tensioner for either side of the frame - not just drive side like many others.

EDIT: Found it - not available anymore on CRC, but I am sure if you ask they will source it for you.

post-82251-0-70167400-1527779398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Yebo, I bought one in a while back from CRC - I think it was DMR - but it was the last one in stock at the time. Worked out to R550 landed with DHL express. Maybe ask them on the chat line - I think it was called "DMR tensioner with mech hanger", or something along those lines. What was quite nice about it was that it came with a tensioner for either side of the frame - not just drive side like many others.

Sounds cool.

I e mailed on one / Planet x directly.

They told me that that frame is solely built for SS they cant help with a drop out.

I was sure I would find something.

You can also give Grant Usher at sprocket & jack a call, he hooked me up with a hanger to run gears.

Full cable housing from shifter to rd and bob is married to your aunt...have been running my inbred like that for almost 2 years.

If you come right with grsnt, and need help , i am happy to collect and courier to you

Thanks Pal

You can also give Grant Usher at sprocket & jack a call, he hooked me up with a hanger to run gears.

Full cable housing from shifter to rd and bob is married to your aunt...have been running my inbred like that for almost 2 years.

If you come right with grsnt, and need help , i am happy to collect and courier to you

Pieter was right .... you guys have gone soft ... welcome to the soft riders club :P

Pieter was right .... you guys have gone soft ... welcome to the soft riders club :P

Hahaahaa. Nevva Evva . Never soft.

Was keen to pop a gravel bar on her. Gear her and go for a 300km ride.

Shot Bra

Hahaha! Was a #grappie. Think the Inbred will look sexy as a grinder tho. Almost time for me to take the old bird out of storage. Can’t wait! Not sure if I posted picks with the new rims and brakes...

So taai soos biltong...

I went to blood in my 456 (and my knee) at Oak Valley the other day.

Damn it's lekker riding SS again. I really missed it. The simplicity just makes it a jol.

In my mind the heart of mountainbiking is in forest singletrack.

fe5e6f8e6aae6ed2b2e08318c6ad4ddf.jpg

My little plot of forest leaves with farm views.

Slipped out on the leaves and both me and the bike went for a slide.

31fb523938e9ecda35bdf44ad3d54143.jpg

Winter riding.

0f4ffdd60697c67e6830d8a177eb6eb3.jpg

Excellent. Thanks. Will do

Sorry, didn't manage to take a photo last night, but this is what I have

Shimano Saint Axle Mount Derailleur for horizontal dropouts (9 speed)

http://www.thursdaybicycles.com/gfx/4X_drop1.jpg

I also have a Sunrace 9 speed 11-40t cassette and Microshift 9 speed gripshifts to go with it

I'm at odds on whether to get rid of this set up or not.

I also have one of these lying about, which I picked up at the Giant Store in Cape Town (I can have a look there, if I leave work earlier enough today)

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360087433/LifeLine-Emergency-Rear-Derailleur-Hanger-Workshop-Tools-LL-1947.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

Ja, soft. dunnow what happened. But I am really enjoying the little riding I do. 

pfffftttt ... 300km is a short ride to the shop and back to buy bread and milk for breakfast.