Linden cycles service is rubbish

JTOG.NoFear

My friend I just gave up ok because I sent it in for a full service and they dd nothing the first time so I sent it back and told them face to face the brakes don't work and my back wheel is still warping and my gears weren't good either, so the said sure will fix the problems and when it was finished I got my best friend to pick it up and no he will never steel my money because he gave me the receipt and I didn't have time to fetch it that's y my friends offered to pick it up for me... And they said to Him everything is working so he brought it to me and I wasn't impressed so I just left it and took it to someone who fixed my bike like a charm and I only found out about the hub now that's y I'm posting it now ...

There is no way Joe will not sort a problem out.

Two sides to this story , would like to hear Lindens .

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the OPs post, it brought out Hayleyearth's views which I thought were really cool, reasonable and specific.

I went to Linden once to hire a Mtb. From the Hub i was expecting something special & it wasnt at all.

Conversely, I go to my lbs & its really good because they know me. Most people going there get issues and a lot are put off. Because its at the end of my street i persevered and its been well worth the effort.

Got a friend who loves Cajees Boksburg cuz he took time to get to know them. I go there and I'm not keen, but its ok to get a couple of things from them.

Bottom line not all customers are equal in different shops.

I agree and I haven't even let them touch my bike yet!

I've been standing in their shop now on two different occasions waiting (at least 25min) for my boyfriend (who loved the shop) and listening to how they treat customers and give advice....O MY HECK!

I actually told my boyfriend the last time (last week) when we left their shop (after he didn’t find what he wanted and also payed more for the 32GI than at other shops): "While I was waiting for you a few guys came to pick up their bikes after services and the one guy bought a new bike with service extras. I could clearly hear the brake noise still on the one when the one guy pulled it and when spun the wheel I could see it was miss-aligned, but the one Linden guy said ‘no, we have checked it’. The guy buying the new bike got the most useless tips and I bet you he will just bring it back to them to change a tyre with the way the guy explained to him.”

I know their business is to make money, and I am fully aware there are guys not technical at all (my boyfriend fell under those) but O MY HECK it is shocking to see the guys of Linden Cycles raping these poor guys!

That was the one day, the other day we were looking for a screw for my pivot at my rear shock they didn’t even phone back like they said they will (left my details) and when my loyal bf went back to them they gave him attitude…do they think their customers are non-expendable?

Of the two cycle shops I’ve been at in JHB, Northcliff gets my vote :) Yes, I am lucky in the sense that I can service most of my bike myself, will be more soon when I have the right tools (all accept shocks), but this leaves me feeling even more bad for the guys that cant and get ripped off.

NOTE to all ripping "JTOG.NoFear" off....his thread is infact in "Rant-'n-Rave" and I think he did good voicing his opinion here. Yes clearly he is a "newbee", but I can tell you all now, I learned a lot from the hub when I was new to the sport; like what to do, where to ride, which parts, easiest or cheapest ways of doing something, which people to take serious and who to avoid stepping on their toes, which insurance, what make bib and I can continue for a long time, SO PLEASE dont scare the guy away from here, he can only learn and in 12months he will probably be able to give great tips to other 'newbees'!

[i sometimes wonder if it is 'roadies' that is SO sensitive and frustrated :whistling: ] :P

So who is going to be the 1st to try and take my knees from under me?

You sound like you are from the eastern cape? Service there is really bad.

Well, someone did suggest that the OP was Juju some pages back. And we know that he's been living it up in England. Maybe the OP meant London Cycles, not Linden Cycles…? :unsure:

L
o
ind
o
en bridge is falling down

L
o
ind
o
en Bridge is falling down,

Falling down, falling down,

L
o
ind
o
en Bridge is falling down,

My fair Lady.

Build it up with wood and clay,

Wood and clay, wood and clay,

Build it up with wood and clay,

My fair Lady.

Wood and clay will wash away,

Wash away, wash away,

Wood and clay will wash away,

My fair Lady.

Build it up with bricks and mortar,

Bricks and mortar, bricks and mortar,

Build it up with bricks and mortar,

My fair Lady.

You sound like you are from the eastern cape? Service there is really bad.

Nope, not from the Eastern Cape any more ... I'm up in JHB now ....and TRUST ME...their service is worse than down in PE! Here people dont care about people, in PE I phone 3 of the 5 and they know my name...Guess I must just give it some time up here.

Nope, not from the Eastern Cape any more ... I'm up in JHB now ....and TRUST ME...their service is worse than down in PE! Here people dont care about people, in PE I phone 3 of the 5 and they know my name...Guess I must just give it some time up here.

Nope get used to it, the service pretty much sux up in Gauteng (in general), with exactly what you said most dont give a sh it. In JHB you almost have to beg and plead suppliers to do something for you.

I took my bike to Linden for a pre-Sani service 2 yrs ago. Well, 30km into day 2 the rear hub bearings almost disintegrated, I had 5 oval bearings at the end of th eday and was luck to finish day 3 after a fix job by the mechanics.

I took wheel back to Linden and they were a bit confused as to how/why it happened but they replaced the whole hub gratis which I was happy about.

So still support them but do most of my servicing myself.

Bottom line it comes down to the relationship you develop with the LBS. Personally, I live 2 minutes cycle from CL 4ways, but wouldn't use them at all - bad service experience. I prefer to head into Hurlingham and use the LBS there, where I've developed a good relationship with the manager and staff, and I can be assured of quality workmanship and service, and almost always I get a good discount.

Linden wont be seeing me ever again either, I'm afraid...

They put on a new sprocket and now I cant change from from small to big blade without the chain coming off... The service was done in May so probably don't have much of a leg to stand on, even though the first ride I had on it was last weekend. And I can't find the friggin' receipt...

I had the chain come off so bad at one stage it got jammed between the sprocket and frame, taking a nice fat chunk of paint off my frame.

Sorry, Linden Cycles. But after the R3000ish I spent there, this shouldn't happen.

Next stop, Mikes Bikes. (Once I can afford to service it again)

Again, did you take this up with them?

Is this the first time you rode the bike since May?

I assume you are talking about the 22T chain ring on the front. The small one? Easy fix with a small screwdriver.

Again, did you take this up with them?

Is this the first time you rode the bike since May?

I assume you are talking about the 22T chain ring on the front. The small one? Easy fix with a small screwdriver.

The kids of today! Doesn't know how mechanical things work... Magic, WoW spells & tantrums only work on computers and doting mothers. They still have a way to go to grown-up!

And all of a sudden Linden is the black sheep of cycle shops. Nobody ever complains about them, and all of a sudden a very reputable shop get 100s of complaints on thehub. You're one in a million, maybe its an honest mistake... but as for rubbish service, naaaah ... BS I say.

+1 Go to Linden Cycles

Might not hurt to phone ahead and speak to somebody. Tell you what you are planning and make sure to take the name of the person you speak.

Go to the store and ask for him in person.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis