Linden cycles service is rubbish

JTOG.NoFear

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and I haven't even let them touch my bike yet!

I've been standing in their shop now on two different occasions waiting (at least 25min) for my boyfriend (who loved the shop) and listening to how they treat customers and give advice....O MY HECK!

I actually told my boyfriend the last time (last week) when we left their shop (after he didn’t find what he wanted and also payed more for the 32GI than at other shops): "While I was waiting for you a few guys came to pick up their bikes after services and the one guy bought a new bike with service extras. I could clearly hear the brake noise still on the one when the one guy pulled it and when spun the wheel I could see it was miss-aligned, but the one Linden guy said ‘no, we have checked it’. The guy buying the new bike got the most useless tips and I bet you he will just bring it back to them to change a tyre with the way the guy explained to him.”

I know their business is to make money, and I am fully aware there are guys not technical at all (my boyfriend fell under those) but O MY HECK it is shocking to see the guys of Linden Cycles raping these poor guys!

That was the one day, the other day we were looking for a screw for my pivot at my rear shock they didn’t even phone back like they said they will (left my details) and when my loyal bf went back to them they gave him attitude…do they think their customers are non-expendable?

Of the two cycle shops I’ve been at in JHB, Northcliff gets my vote :) Yes, I am lucky in the sense that I can service most of my bike myself, will be more soon when I have the right tools (all accept shocks), but this leaves me feeling even more bad for the guys that cant and get ripped off.

NOTE to all ripping "JTOG.NoFear" off....his thread is infact in "Rant-'n-Rave" and I think he did good voicing his opinion here. Yes clearly he is a "newbee", but I can tell you all now, I learned a lot from the hub when I was new to the sport; like what to do, where to ride, which parts, easiest or cheapest ways of doing something, which people to take serious and who to avoid stepping on their toes, which insurance, what make bib and I can continue for a long time, SO PLEASE dont scare the guy away from here, he can only learn and in 12months he will probably be able to give great tips to other 'newbees'!

[i sometimes wonder if it is 'roadies' that is SO sensitive and frustrated :whistling: ] :P

So who is going to be the 1st to try and take my knees from under me?

Sorry not to be brash,but U MUST BE f%$#@ing joking about northcliff cycles,probably the most stuck up no clue bunch of roadies i have ever come across,they def there just for the bucks.Shop is overpriced & their stock mediocre.

Kind of shop where u walk in & if they realize you not a plonker & actually know something of bikes,they tend to go into the fetal position and become timid as if to say plz leave our shop you might just catch us out. :thumbdown:

Some of the staff is just cool @ linden,& like wolf has more quality advice then most salesmen.But yes i have seen some of the staff taking noobs for a ride & i wont take my bikes there for services anymore.Ive seen what goes on with bikes in that cattle ring of a workshop when my bike wasnt there...thanks be to the most high :thumbup:

Sorry not to be brash,but U MUST BE f%$#@ing joking about northcliff cycles,probably the most stuck up no clue bunch of roadies i have ever come across,they def there just for the bucks.Shop is overpriced & their stock mediocre.

Kind of shop where u walk in & if they realize you not a plonker & actually know something of bikes,they tend to go into the fetal position and become timid as if to say plz leave our shop you might just catch us out. :thumbdown:

Some of the staff is just cool @ linden,& like wolf has more quality advice then most salesmen.But yes i have seen some of the staff taking noobs for a ride & i wont take my bikes there for services anymore.Ive seen what goes on with bikes in that cattle ring of a workshop when my bike wasnt there...thanks be to the most high :thumbup:

:blush: I have always found Northcliff helpful,well stocked and reasonably priced.

I like the shop.

I have not bought a bike there but done tools,gloves,shoes.....

Had the same experience there. Good selection. Prices on par with the other shops and the knowledge level was more than adequate.

Confirmed, Cajees gave me a good price on a bike. Phoned Linden and Neville advised me to buy the bike without hesitation. Picking it up this afternoon :clap: Now I need some gear, helmet and gloves for now.

I always got decent service and parts/prices from Linden Cycles. (when I used to live in Joburg). One of the better bike shops in that smelly ANC run hovel of a town.

Confirmed, Cajees gave me a good price on a bike. Phoned Linden and Neville advised me to buy the bike without hesitation. Picking it up this afternoon :clap: Now I need some gear, helmet and gloves for now.

Get the bike from Cajees and everything else from a real bike shop then.

I have always found Northcliff helpful,well stocked and reasonably priced.

I like the shop.

ditto ... stock is great, knowledgeable staff there to help if needed. My bike shop of choice, even though the other side of Jhb for me.

There prices aren't bad on gear etc... If u buying the bike from them they'll give u good discounts on gear

:blush: I have always found Northcliff helpful,well stocked and reasonably priced.

I like the shop.

Had the same experience there. Good selection. Prices on par with the other shops and the knowledge level was more than adequate.

ditto ... stock is great, knowledgeable staff there to help if needed. My bike shop of choice, even though the other side of Jhb for me.

I dont have lycra :w00t: :P J/k

Must say there workshop is 1 of the cleanest ive seen @ a lbs.Was scared to ask price tho.

Bunch of bagels for salesmen .

But each to their own,is how things happen .1 person can think a salesman is a tjop & another gets on with them so,luck of the draw i guess. ;)

For now I can do with a cheap helmet and cloves. Think a trip and speed meter will be nice.

A good price and I will buy it.

This really should be in it's own thread but...

DO NOT SKIMP ON THE HELMET. CHEAP HELMET = CHEAP BRAIN!!!

Get something decent please. Look for old models of helmets at reduced prices.

Also, I'd rather ride without gloves than cheap gloves. Rode with cheap ones yesterday and I wanted to throw them away 20km into the ride. YUCK.

This is one of those threads that will not end well........

From a neutral point of view I have to say that Linden is a good shop. Have you ever walked in on a Sat morning? The fact that it is so crowded must mean they are doing something right. Try to have your bike serviced and their is a long wating list - again for a reason I would assume. If they were as crappy and useless as some implies here then they would not have so many clients.

Northcliff Cycles is a very pretty shop with some very pretty bikes.

But the winner is Solomons in terms of pricing etc!!

Anyways I think the hub has too many lowlife idiots hiding behind nicknames and computer screens and critisizing hard working LBS that provide a service to you. You have the freedom to go anywhere you like so rather do that then bitch here...... just sayen