Northern Farms- REALLY?? WHY?

Neg

Ja, fair enough, but i think it's the responsible choice. And no aggro, just highlighting the need for responsible citizenry, as well as to point out that this is the perfect example of a case study on the quote "all it takes for evil to Triumph is for good men to do nothing"

The parallels are there, if only in the form of those contravening rules being substituted for evil

If you dont stand for something..you'll fall for anything :thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont stand for something..you'll fall for anything :thumbup:

Dude, you have no idea how bad this is in the cape...

Jus this morning, travelling through to tokai, a band of tourists threw out a ciggie butt. I stopped, picked it up and promptly went to their window and tossed it back in. Absolute fktards.

Ja, fair enough, but i think it's the responsible choice. And no aggro, just highlighting the need for responsible citizenry, as well as to point out that this is the perfect example of a case study on the quote "all it takes for evil to Triumph is for good men to do nothing"

The parallels are there, if only in the form of those contravening rules being substituted for evil

Some days you just want to ride - crappy people are around all the time, if you miss an opportunity to confront them today, there'll be another tomorrow.

Some days you just want to ride - crappy people are around all the time, if you miss an opportunity to confront them today, there'll be another tomorrow.

Rofl... At the speed i ride, tomorrow is only a metre away...

I've seen that gate over on the far side of NF wide open on more than one occasion. What's that all about? That should certainly be "step one" - lock the gate.

Now if someone has to climb OVER a locked gate with their bike then they can hardly claim to be doing "nothing wrong" can they?

Edit: I must say I've met some nice people on the farm and made some good friends, but I've seen some real fuckwits over there too.

Edited by Bonus

I think it's a choice, not a responsibility and no need for others to get aggro about it.

So you choose to turn a blind eye? While others fight the fight you'll just reap the spoils of their backs.... ??? Look at the Groenkloof thread.... how many people came out with solutions and offers to help.... even wanting Walkie-talkies to report suspicious while they ride.... ??? They wanted to keep a seriously nice park open because they realize the little piece of gold that is Groenkloo!! Why must someone always get hurt before we do anything...?? If riders are getting in at that gate, you can bet your bottom dollar that Bike jackers/thieves are too.... its only a matter of time..... but its because of the "it will never happen to me" mentality.... they have already close a section of NF because of safety...

Apologies if i came across aggro guys! i just feel quiet strongly about our riding grounds... the streets are not safe and we have few parks in JHB that we can let rip at... why not pull our weight and help them safe and open......

It's a pretty common thing, dude. We see it here in Tokai forest all the time. Just because someone has " been riding here for 15 years " or "the trail like, suck, guy" or "i come before the guard gets here so I don't need to pay"

They're all cut from the same cloth. And I hate to generalize, but the trend is that they all have high end bikes, and that seems to instil a sense of entitlement and outrage when they are not allowed to do something that is clarly wrong, but they believe that they can do it because of some deluded sense of self importance...

"And I hate to generalize" then DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like saying you like fat chicks, it's not entirely true...

Dude, you have no idea how bad this is in the cape...

Jus this morning, travelling through to tokai, a band of tourists threw out a ciggie butt. I stopped, picked it up and promptly went to their window and tossed it back in. Absolute fktards.

Lol, if they threw out a pie, would you eat it or throw it back?

Was there not a thread about one of our top riders being seen about using this same gate a while back ?

Lol, if they threw out a pie, would you eat it or throw it back?

S long as it weren't a steak n kidney, i'd dust it off and proceed to inhale.

And dude... The generalization thing. I know that not all okes who ride kiff bikes are cocktonsils. But most (if not all) cocktonsils ride kiff bikes.

And dude... The generalization thing. I know that not all okes who ride kiff bikes are cocktonsils. But most (if not all) cocktonsils ride kiff bikes.

You must go hang out at the other side of town more.... sure you'll find many cogtonsils ;) there as well

And dude... The generalization thing. I know that not all okes who ride kiff bikes are cocktonsils. But most (if not all) cocktonsils ride 29er Spez bikes.

fixed it :ph34r:

Oh man, I just cant help myself, you started this game... all tonsils who can't afford prado's or X5's drive Fortuners, they are the ones causing kuk.

Edited by TheV

So you choose to turn a blind eye? While others fight the fight you'll just reap the spoils of their backs.... ??? Look at the Groenkloof thread.... how many people came out with solutions and offers to help.... even wanting Walkie-talkies to report suspicious while they ride.... ??? They wanted to keep a seriously nice park open because they realize the little piece of gold that is Groenkloo!! Why must someone always get hurt before we do anything...?? If riders are getting in at that gate, you can bet your bottom dollar that Bike jackers/thieves are too.... its only a matter of time..... but its because of the "it will never happen to me" mentality.... they have already close a section of NF because of safety...

Apologies if i came across aggro guys! i just feel quiet strongly about our riding grounds... the streets are not safe and we have few parks in JHB that we can let rip at... why not pull our weight and help them safe and open......

That's fine Neg and I agree with you about safety. It is a big deal and we all have a responsability to pitch in and help. However this thread was about the people that pay to use the trail having to assume the responsibility of ensuring that other cyclists don't sneak in for free. Nothing to do with safety. My point is it is not my responsibility to police this.

Oh and on the point of me being in line for a Darwin award. Darwin awards are given to people that do something so stupid that they get them selves killed and so remove their genes from the human gene pool. I dont think I suggested anything dangerous enough to get myself killed. Next time you decide to call someone stupid at least make an attempt to understand your own references. Also it is not clever to call someone that disagrees with you "stupid". It doesn't defend your point of view nor does it detract frm theirs.

That's fine Neg and I agree with you about safety. It is a big deal and we all have a responsability to pitch in and help. However this thread was about the people that pay to use the trail having to assume the responsibility of ensuring that other cyclists don't sneak in for free. Nothing to do with safety. My point is it is not my responsibility to police this.

Oh and on the point of me being in line for a Darwin award. Darwin awards are given to people that do something so stupid that they get them selves killed and so remove their genes from the human gene pool. I dont think I suggested anything dangerous enough to get myself killed. Next time you decide to call someone stupid at least make an attempt to understand your own references. Also it is not clever to call someone that disagrees with you "stupid". It doesn't defend your point of view nor does it detract frm theirs.

Glad we agree on the safety issue... but dude, it becomes safety issue... (if riders can get in so can they) as i'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to take your life for a bicycle- (Darwin reference) yes they can get in anywhere, and we must remember that it is a working gate for the farming at NF, and we are privileged to ride there... So we cant really demand they close it... but every little thing each of us can do to make it harder for these guys not to sneak in will ensure future use and keep us all safer. My OP was/is about people sneaking in, i was also just thinking about the bigger picture....

i apologize for my comment.

Thanks Neg and no worries. We all take our cycling seriously and fly off the handle when we see it endangered. Quite understandable.

We (previously on quads) use to call this gene pool the 3-2-1 gang,

3 L Cortina, now seems to be replaced by big 3L Bakkie.

2 L Coke

1 L Brandy...

Everyone else is wrong, they are right, and their needs/wants outrank everyone else's.

G

It's a pretty common thing, dude. We see it here in Tokai forest all the time. Just because someone has " been riding here for 15 years " or "the trail like, suck, guy" or "i come before the guard gets here so I don't need to pay"

They're all cut from the same cloth. And I hate to generalize, but the trend is that they all have high end bikes, and that seems to instil a sense of entitlement and outrage when they are not allowed to do something that is clarly wrong, but they believe that they can do it because of some deluded sense of self importance...