Do you agree with this? Drafting behind a car....

Mojoman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an old trick cyclists use to train for T.T. instead of using a motorbike with a roller wheel.

True, but not at 30 kph. Should be at least 70+

My usual training route is the R27 to Atlantis area, I often see a kid aged around 14 cycling behind a car, also not going that fast. Doing this is a sort of training for speed, but I'm not sure why bothering at that sort of speed ...

My usual training route is the R27 to Atlantis area, I often see a kid aged around 14 cycling behind a car, also not going that fast. Doing this is a sort of training for speed, but I'm not sure why bothering at that sort of speed ...

Surely its safer to be in a gym doing this? I assume it just helps you spin away with very little wind resistance/drag?

motor pacing is for speed work .

but it does not look like this dude is doing anything more than simply trying to beat is buddies on strava :whistling:

That car was just big enough to offer her a suitable slipstream. If that Tannie or her Camelbak was any bigger they would've needed a bigger car :ph34r:

Could be a young cyclist and his coach doing motorpacing and having a warm down or slow phase of multiple sets of speed work.

Sooo, I cycle cause it's free once you have the equipment etc. I cycle to work etc. Imagine getting your spouse to drive infront of you while you commute to work.

Just pedal darn it and do it yourself. If you want to ride fast, ride down a hill or train indoors.

Could be a young cyclist and his coach doing motorpacing and having a warm down or slow phase of multiple sets of speed work.

Indoor trainer then, I bet you it's just somebodys father.

Surely its safer to be in a gym doing this? I assume it just helps you spin away with very little wind resistance/drag?

Yes for the average to good amateur fun racer it is far more beneficial to be in the gym, but for the chaps and ladies at the top of their game racing for victory in their leagues and elites, there is no substitute for doing this type of work on the actual bike on real roads, simulating bunch racing at their own individual limits, trying to raise this. As Dangle mentioned it would generally be at speeds closer to the mid 40's though....

I think this cyclist was just waiting for the right time to overtake :)

Edited by fabes

Indoor trainer then, I bet you it's just somebodys father.

It certainly doesn't look like this crew is the racing snake brigade. Not that that would make it more acceptable, but they should be trying to push the pace even just a little bit rather than idle in the slip. Could be this was their first attempt at motorpacing....