My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

I wake up, slap the wife on the arse, say " Riding time, you or the bike?" She replies "What tyre pressure you want?"
C'mon dude - you know how hard it is to get half chewed meusli off a computer screen? It's not so good for the nose either. Edited by Eldron

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wake up, slap the wife on the arse, say " Riding time, you or the bike?" She replies "What tyre pressure you want?"

:thumbup:

With all due respect but it sounds like you are doing everything? My wife and i are splitting the kids responsibilities. She gets him ready in the morning. I take him to school. She takes the girls to school. In the evening she baths him i dress him. We both train together on a tuesday and thursday night(fitness training). During the week training is not an issue for us. Its the weekends. She does not really have a problem with me training when the rides are shorter (3-4 hours) but when they are longer rides. ie 5-6 and they are happening more often than most when i am training for an event like Sani it does get to her a bit. Now that things are warmer she will train on a mon, wed, and friday morning. I guess the moral of the story as mentioned by other posts is its all about balance.

Maybe it does, but I love my son to pieces, he is my boy, my buddy, my life. I dont mind doing that at all. my wife then has him Saturday mornings and spending time with my son is a small price to pay for being able to ride over weekends. She does a lot of other things, i dont cook or do dishes or washing so its actually not so bad as it sounds!

and when I'm grumpy she throws me out of the house to go ride too!

Edited by RudoJ

100%. It is the woman that meet once or twice a week for coffee or shopping session, when they together they speak so much crap into each others heads. They then go home to the hubbies and start trying to change them. It will start something like why dont you cook supper ever because so and so's husband cooks every night bla bla

One of the girls I work with is married to a drug addict, he is usually fine but something will trigger it and he will disappear for an entire weekend... Would the woman rather have someone like that?

You know you're in trouble when your significant other is someone who makes you entirely responsible for her happiness. You will be facing an ongoing battle to establish even a little room to follow your own pusuit like cycling. Make sure you pick and hold onto someone who not only knows how to be happy with who she is for her own reasons, but for all the reasons she supports you and goes out of her way not to make you fell obligated to do **** and DO THE SAME FOR HER!

Make sure you pick the right other half chaps....

100%. It is the woman that meet once or twice a week for coffee or shopping session, when they together they speak so much crap into each others heads. They then go home to the hubbies and start trying to change them. It will start something like why dont you cook supper ever because so and so's husband cooks every night bla bla

110%...

i mtb because of my wife.

she fell preggers just befor the sani (was lucky enough to gen an entry.)

she said there is no way she is losing this entry, and i have to ride in her place.

we went and bought a bike, and here i am now , totally addicted. we are seriously competing for riding time at the moment because of the kids.

did not ride much past weekend, and she is really PO because i am extremely ******* grumpy the last two days.

best thing she ever forced me to do.. even better than the time she made me shave my nuts

Fixed it ;)

Just a thought, and ladies please don't think I am anti-woman, in actual fact I love chicks.

Look at your wives and Gf's and look at their circle of friends, often the biggest influence begins there.

You hit the Spyker on the head. Now that i have more cycling friends she is bonding a bit with their wives and starting to understand more.

One of the girls I work with is married to a drug addict, he is usually fine but something will trigger it and he will disappear for an entire weekend... Would the woman rather have someone like that?

And that is the same woman that will tell our wives/girlfriends how amazing her man is and meanwhile we being compared to a drug addict.

You know you're in trouble when your significant other is someone who makes you entirely responsible for her happiness. You will be facing an ongoing battle to establish even a little room to follow your own pusuit like cycling. Make sure you pick and hold onto someone who not only knows how to be happy with who she is for her own reasons, but for all the reasons she supports you and goes out of her way not to make you fell obligated to do **** and DO THE SAME FOR HER!

Make sure you pick the right other half chaps....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ROFL! Guess I'm safe then, 'cos I cook every night!

But yeah - it is all about balance and mutual respect and understanding. If you respect her need to know where you are, what you're doing and how long you're going to be, then that's part one done. If you respect that she wants to be involved in what you do, even if it's knowing what route you're going to take, then cool. If you also understand that a woman's brain is wired totally different to a man's, and that if you're doing something different / strange, she WILL think about it and come up with the worst possible scenario, then you understand that she needs to know what is going on, if only for her own sanity.

Also - you must compromise. I can't remember how many times over the last few months I've come home from the office, seen how my wife is looking and promptly cancelled my riding plans 'cos she looks just plain exhausted from carrying Little Mayhem and the lack of sleep she gets. Doesn't mean I don't exercise, 'cos I get on the IDT when I can (after dinner - which I cook) and all gremlins are chased away. But she still recognises that I need to get on the mountain every weekend, and accepts it (even pushes me if it looks like I'm slacking!)

And regarding that book - Love Languages - yeah, it is good. Makes you think about things that you may not have thought about, and truth be told it did give me a couple of "huh - so that's what" moments.

Bottom line - marriage / relationships are all about give and take as well as mutual respect for each others needs. Get that sorted, and it (should) be plain sailing.

Maybe it does, but I love my son to pieces, he is my boy, my buddy, my life. I dont mind doing that at all. my wife then has him Saturday mornings and spending time with my son is a small price to pay for being able to ride over weekends. She does a lot of other things, i dont cook or do dishes or washing so its actually not so bad as it sounds!

and when I'm grumpy she throws me out of the house to go ride too!

Do you have other kids?

And that is the same woman that will tell our wives/girlfriends how amazing her man is and meanwhile we being compared to a drug addict.

Thats the sad part, she still defends him and says he isn't doing it to hurt her.

I only found out by accident, most of the other people at work thinks he is great

I'd never get on the bike :ph34r:

Thats the sad part, she still defends him and says he isn't doing it to hurt her.

I only found out by accident, most of the other people at work thinks he is great

We all have our problems.

ROFL! Guess I'm safe then, 'cos I cook every night!

But yeah - it is all about balance and mutual respect and understanding. If you respect her need to know where you are, what you're doing and how long you're going to be, then that's part one done. If you respect that she wants to be involved in what you do, even if it's knowing what route you're going to take, then cool. If you also understand that a woman's brain is wired totally different to a man's, and that if you're doing something different / strange, she WILL think about it and come up with the worst possible scenario, then you understand that she needs to know what is going on, if only for her own sanity.

Also - you must compromise. I can't remember how many times over the last few months I've come home from the office, seen how my wife is looking and promptly cancelled my riding plans 'cos she looks just plain exhausted from carrying Little Mayhem and the lack of sleep she gets. Doesn't mean I don't exercise, 'cos I get on the IDT when I can (after dinner - which I cook) and all gremlins are chased away. But she still recognises that I need to get on the mountain every weekend, and accepts it (even pushes me if it looks like I'm slacking!)

And regarding that book - Love Languages - yeah, it is good. Makes you think about things that you may not have thought about, and truth be told it did give me a couple of "huh - so that's what" moments.

Bottom line - marriage / relationships are all about give and take as well as mutual respect for each others needs. Get that sorted, and it (should) be plain sailing.

I agree 100%, key word there being compromise. When our little one arrived 14 months ago obviously we both had to adapt to the change in sleeping patterns etc. I am very hands on Dad not like in the past where mommy did everything for the child. I change nappies all the time and also when the little oke wakes us up in the morning i tell mommy to sleep and pop Jordy(our son) in the bicycle cart and we head down the beachfront for an hour or so and that way mommy catches up on sleep.

The roles were reversed recently because my wife was training for World Long Distance Tri Champs and she was training every morning and night and i was in charge of baby sitting. I enjoyed every minute of it. While mommy was out training in 2 degree weather me and Jordan cuddled, its the best feeling ever

Because of the compromise in our relationship we seldom have problems with regards to who is going to be training when and for how long we can train etc