My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

My Mrs is very happy to have me cycling from a health and happiness point of view; which is surprising cuz i'm worth a lot more dead.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycling is one of the rare sports that really becomes an obsessive element in an athlete's life.

Talk about it lots. Think about it lots. Do it lots. Buy lots.

Maybe it is the same for all endurance sports. I remember my life as a runner - when's the next run or race? :clap:

There's a fine balance between maintaining your *obsession for one's partner and for one's mistress (read here 'jou fiets'.)

I think many gets out-of-balance.

Be sure to love her / him lots.

And distribute that obsession evenly... :mellow:

*also means love or passion.

My wife loves riding... flowers, birds, sea. Time with kiddo. happy days. Trailer adds 30% to my workout, i.e. both wife and I get a decent workout. Will it be enough training for a sub 3 Argus - no. Does that matter to me - no.

post-15789-0-95217000-1346227278.jpg

Edited by ibruegge

like a shirt i used to have said.

"She says if I go riding again she will leave me

I sure am going to miss her!!

Help pack the bags...

I agree 100%, key word there being compromise. When our little one arrived 14 months ago obviously we both had to adapt to the change in sleeping patterns etc. I am very hands on Dad not like in the past where mommy did everything for the child. I change nappies all the time and also when the little oke wakes us up in the morning i tell mommy to sleep and pop Jordy(our son) in the bicycle cart and we head down the beachfront for an hour or so and that way mommy catches up on sleep.

The roles were reversed recently because my wife was training for World Long Distance Tri Champs and she was training every morning and night and i was in charge of baby sitting. I enjoyed every minute of it. While mommy was out training in 2 degree weather me and Jordan cuddled, its the best feeling ever

Because of the compromise in our relationship we seldom have problems with regards to who is going to be training when and for how long we can train etc

Nice.

Ours is just hitting 3 months at the moment, so it's kinda difficult for me to do the same. my OH wants to do the breastfeeding all the time, which I obviously can't do, so the best I can do is take him between feeds, change him and help to bath (which she also loves doing)

It helps that over the last week he's started to only need one feed during the night. She's far, far better now in terms of sleep.

As soon as my wife says tells me that she's happy to start bottle feeding (with expressed milk) I'll be there like a bear. I carry on suggesting it, as I'm a night person and she's a morning person, so it would be a helluva lot easier on her. But she's not there yet. SO for the moment I take him when I get home from the office, and play with him, cuddle him for a bit, make dinner, then take him again after dinner is finished and I have my glass of wine. She normally uses that time after 7 to have a bit of a snooze.

My Mrs is very happy to have me cycling from a health and happiness point of view; which is surprising cuz i'm worth a lot more dead.

:lol: :lol:

Do you have other kids?

Nope only the one, he is 3 and half years old. Neither me nor the wife wants to have more. But if it happens we'd be cool with that!

Nice.

Ours is just hitting 3 months at the moment, so it's kinda difficult for me to do the same. my OH wants to do the breastfeeding all the time, which I obviously can't do, so the best I can do is take him between feeds, change him and help to bath (which she also loves doing)

It helps that over the last week he's started to only need one feed during the night. She's far, far better now in terms of sleep.

As soon as my wife says tells me that she's happy to start bottle feeding (with expressed milk) I'll be there like a bear. I carry on suggesting it, as I'm a night person and she's a morning person, so it would be a helluva lot easier on her. But she's not there yet. SO for the moment I take him when I get home from the office, and play with him, cuddle him for a bit, make dinner, then take him again after dinner is finished and I have my glass of wine. She normally uses that time after 7 to have a bit of a snooze.

We started the bottle early ( also expressed milk) and beleive me it made things so much easier on both of us. Funny how limitted the whole family becomes because the little oke needs breast milk

Ours is just hitting 3 months at the moment

Your circumstances are special, and thankfully temporary.

In the 1st year you and the Mrs and the little one just have to somehow make that dynamic work; cycling is a bonus.

So should we merge this thread with that 50 shades of grey thread ?

Often couples lose affection because the wife is a prude and the hubby starts cycling to get away from her or he starts pomping more than his tires.

Sometimes some okes looks so oily and obese from letting themselves go that the wife starts kuiering around and he decides to start cycling to become more "handsome" to the point where he becomes so obsessive that she gets no attention in any case.

***Just leave the mossel thread on it's own***

Edited by Dangle

We started the bottle early ( also expressed milk) and beleive me it made things so much easier on both of us. Funny how limitted the whole family becomes because the little oke needs breast milk

The best part of kids going on the bottle, those boobies become yours again :thumbup:

Nope only the one, he is 3 and half years old. Neither me nor the wife wants to have more. But if it happens we'd be cool with that!

Awesome. My little guy is 2,5. Also like my little buddy. Even bought a WeeRide so him and i can ride together. He can do 2 hours before he starts getting cranky

Iron, I don't just think you're a lucky guy for obviously having a great wife, but your wife is lucky for having a husband like you! Guys like you are definitely few and far bewteen!

So if for some reason things don't work out, let me know! :wub: :lol: :P

Iron..... jou yster.... :w00t:

Yeah. I may actually start recommending the bottle more often. Will make her life SO much easier. And it's not as if there's a shortage of milk!

My wife loves riding... flowers, birds, sea. Time with kiddo. happy days. Trailer adds 30% to my workout, i.e. both wife and I get a decent workout. Will it be enough training for a sub 3 Argus - no. Does that matter to me - no.

I have something similar to this. I ride it on the beach every now and then on low tide obviously. One of the best investments i ever made. One thing i love about having a child is that get to be a Kid all over again :thumbup: