Roadie plonker!!

mrbaker

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Avo added to Pizza just before serving = very good. Avo added before pizza goes in oven = very bad.

You have to put the avo on after the pizza is cooked or it goes warm and bitter.

Best added just before serving. But I am an avo farmer and probably biased.

Aaah. I see the error in my ways! Now where was that Avo and Feta pizza recipe....

I read through all this and noted we have three groups here the group worrying that others break the law/endanger themselves, the group that don't give a crap and the hungry group.

On a serious note this thread actually show what is wrong in this country. People don't give a crap about law as it is not policed. As someone said the fact that the lawis on the books should be accepted and self policing should take place. A lot of people say that it got nothing to do with you so ignore it. In most Western countries the laws are not always enforced by the police but by the community. You won't find people there walking around bragging about speeding or skipping robits and on top of it not paying the fines. The community will talk to people about it and if they keep on doing it will be uotcasts in the community. In SA such people become "heros"

IanC. Can we add another group. The ones who love to generalise. This is what irretated me with the OP of this thread. He made it a roadie issue. People of all walks of life do the wrong things but he decided to make it a problem of one group. This guy happen to be on a road bike when commiting this offence. Yet he propably saw many other roadies on his way to work or where ever and saw roadies with their helmets on. So maybe we should all just grow up, respect the law and stop thinking we are better than others.

Then why do people come and moan for pages when you are not greeted, or not wear a helmet.. It is not anyone else's problem.

What he does, wearing a helmet or not paying his tax.

Yes! I love this argument. I always have time for this cr@p..

Why? Because collectively we are seen as one. When one does not abide, it has far reaching effects..

And not greeting when greeted is just plain rude. Sure it is not a requirement, but then I love riding, don't you?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Hi Ian - you havent posted much recently, but were prolific 4 or 5 yrs ago?

I wear a helmet unless i'm going down the park on a Sunday pm.

Its the idea of self-policing i object to much, much more than any law. It just encourages little Hitlers who have no care or concern for the individual, just that rules are being followed.

No one pushing the rules has had any kind word for the gent concerned, they just want to bash him or have him bashed by a car; and impose themselves as being "right".

IanC. Can we add another group. The ones who love to generalise. This is what irretated me with the OP of this thread. He made it a roadie issue. People of all walks of life do the wrong things but he decided to make it a problem of one group. This guy happen to be on a road bike when commiting this offence. Yet he propably saw many other roadies on his way to work or where ever and saw roadies with their helmets on. So maybe we should all just grow up, respect the law and stop thinking we are better than others.

Agreed, it is not an isolated issue, there are still plenty of plonkers on the mountain riding without a helmet. This roadie just happened to be in the spotlight, a case of the wrong place at the wrong time? or a case of the poor driver who one-day kills the stupid roadie plonker riding sans helmet. Just plain selfish I think!

I read through all this and noted we have three groups here the group worrying that others break the law/endanger themselves, the group that don't give a crap and the hungry group.

On a serious note this thread actually show what is wrong in this country. People don't give a crap about law as it is not policed. As someone said the fact that the lawis on the books should be accepted and self policing should take place. A lot of people say that it got nothing to do with you so ignore it. In most Western countries the laws are not always enforced by the police but by the community. You won't find people there walking around bragging about speeding or skipping robits and on top of it not paying the fines. The community will talk to people about it and if they keep on doing it will be uotcasts in the community. In SA such people become "heros"

Sorry - but just because some fat idiot in a suit decides something, I must follow blindly without thinking? Not going to happen.

when last did anyone look at a helmet shattered by tar? or a rock for that matter?

Is this thread not about compassion? What about the circumstance that could affect more than just the ass without a helmet? What about his dependents, his wife and family or the person who accidentally knocks him over and the years of regret for taking someone's life from a simple accident.. Should we not take the OP as a reminder that life is a second away from being lost.. and a helmet can make all the difference?

when last did anyone look at a helmet shattered by tar? or a rock for that matter?

Is this thread not about compassion? What about the circumstance that could affect more than just the ass without a helmet? What about his dependents, his wife and family or the person who accidentally knocks him over and the years of regret for taking someone's life from a simple accident.. Should we not take the OP as a reminder that life is a second away from being lost.. and a helmet can make all the difference?

Are you over it yet?

actually thin base, really crisp.. oh wait, I am switching categories.. you sneaked that one on me.. ha ha

So what's your favourite topping? Thick or thin base?

Edited by Pain or Shine

SO what is the outcome of this thread before I hit the food chanel. Does no-one really care?