Karoo to Coast

JGR

By the time they get to testing me, they'll have given the yellow jersey to somebody else who uses something stronger! :ph34r:

But yeah, I suspect that's the path the doc's going to suggest/take as well. I try to stay clear of them, but this one is seee-riiii-ously starting to go south. Want to stop it before chest infection (which I suspect is already starting). Already threw the whole medicine cupboard at it. (Haha, so I'm most likely already positive for something... :nuke: )

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time they get to testing me, they'll have given the yellow jersey to somebody else who uses something stronger! :ph34r:

But yeah, I suspect that's the path the doc's going to suggest/take as well. I try to stay clear of them, but this one is seee-riiii-ously starting to go south. Want to stop it before chest infection (which I suspect is already starting). Already threw the whole medicine cupboard at it. (Haha, so I'm most likely already positive for something... :nuke: )

Yoh, it's been rough for you, Seabee...

Hope you find some good health soon.

Doing the Engen around the corner from you on 07 Oct?

Naah, was thinking about it, but think I'm passing on it. Gonna do the One Tonner, though.

Actually feel okay, just the hay fever symptoms and sinuses. Want to stop it before it completely wreaks havoc with the bit of fitness I've maintained (tried to maintain! :rolleyes: ) through winter.

Did my first K2C with my wife. It was her first mountainbike race. We started in the last group with the "takkie and Toe clips brigade". Boy was that scary for me. We caught the group in front before we were off the tar.With the congestion on the first hill and all the people falling and not holding their line and then trying to squeeze past causing others to fall, I left her and waited for her at the top.It was scary to see all the guys going down hill fishtailing out of control. The adavantage for me was that I spent a lot of time testing my mechanical skills, they were better than I thought they were, one guy could not understand why you can't use 2 master links next to each other. It cost him 45 minutes, I solved the problem in 10 seconds. I also got a chance to work the hills hard and then wait half way up, check that she was ok and then push hard again.I also so the most beautiful scenery , something which we never appreciate when pushing hard.

She finished strong and could have gone a lot harder had we know what to expect on the ride.The only negative was being told that there was no more goodie packs, not difficult to work out. 3500 entrants then 3500 goodie bags. It is not about the goodie bag , they should rather have no bags than leave people disappointed. Also we were told that the food was running out so we went back home and sorted ourselves out. Other wise it was a great day ,with lotsof smiling helpers at all the watering points. We will be back next year, I am just not starting at the back again.

Did my first K2C with my wife. It was her first mountainbike race. We started in the last group with the "takkie and Toe clips brigade". Boy was that scary for me. We caught the group in front before we were off the tar.With the congestion on the first hill and all the people falling and not holding their line and then trying to squeeze past causing others to fall, I left her and waited for her at the top.It was scary to see all the guys going down hill fishtailing out of control. The adavantage for me was that I spent a lot of time testing my mechanical skills, they were better than I thought they were, one guy could not understand why you can't use 2 master links next to each other. It cost him 45 minutes, I solved the problem in 10 seconds. I also got a chance to work the hills hard and then wait half way up, check that she was ok and then push hard again.I also so the most beautiful scenery , something which we never appreciate when pushing hard.

She finished strong and could have gone a lot harder had we know what to expect on the ride.The only negative was being told that there was no more goodie packs, not difficult to work out. 3500 entrants then 3500 goodie bags. It is not about the goodie bag , they should rather have no bags than leave people disappointed. Also we were told that the food was running out so we went back home and sorted ourselves out. Other wise it was a great day ,with lotsof smiling helpers at all the watering points. We will be back next year, I am just not starting at the back again.

:thumbup:

She finished strong and could have gone a lot harder had we know what to expect on the ride.The only negative was being told that there was no more goodie packs, not difficult to work out. 3500 entrants then 3500 goodie bags. It is not about the goodie bag , they should rather have no bags than leave people disappointed. Also we were told that the food was running out so we went back home and sorted ourselves out.

There were goody bags?? Dammit!

There were goody bags?? Dammit!

Yup, and lotsa food, hot coffee, roosterkoek, etc.

You just had to be there early enough.

The only negative was being told that there was no more goodie packs, not difficult to work out. 3500 entrants then 3500 goodie bags. It is not about the goodie bag , they should rather have no bags than leave people disappointed. Also we were told that the food was running out so we went back home and sorted ourselves out. Other wise it was a great day ,with lots of smiling helpers at all the watering points. We will be back next year, I am just not starting at the back again.

Starting at the back is a 'mare. But so is starting in A group, those young racing snakes just go. And go. And then they starting going fast.

Goodie bags? There were no goodie bags when we got there around 4:30pm.

Also the food running out is rubbish. We went for dinner at 8 and they could still have fed another 1.000 people with the amount of spag bol in the kitchen.

Starting at the back is a 'mare. But so is starting in A group, those young racing snakes just go. And go. And then they starting going fast.

Also the food running out is rubbish. We went for dinner at 8 and they could still have fed another 1.000 people with the amount of spag bol in the kitchen.

Agreed on both points - no goodie bags at around 4pm on Sat but im sure the people of Uniondale are still eating spag bol

Agreed on both points - no goodie bags at around 4pm on Sat but im sure the people of Uniondale are still eating spag bol

I can only state what we were told. I glad that I am wrong on the food issue. It wasn't a big deal as we had options.

The problem comes in where the goodie bags had to be picked from the other side of the room, it was not issued together with your number. So many just left thinking nO goodie bag, I just happen to see it By chance.

The problem comes in where the goodie bags had to be picked from the other side of the room, it was not issued together with your number. So many just left thinking nO goodie bag, I just happen to see it By chance.

We were told no bags but there are boxes of bottles we must help ourselves. Let's hope they sort it out next year as we are now focusing on a small negative in an otherwise fantastic event.

We were told no bags but there are boxes of bottles we must help ourselves. Let's hope they sort it out next year as we are now focusing on a small negative in an otherwise fantastic event.

Yeah it was an awesome event, I won't cry too Much about the goodie bag as the contents was identical to the Knysna Mtb & Road events in July just it was in a plastic bag & not the

PNP GREEN shopping bag.

Now if you all just kept quite I would have been happy with the black botlle. I thought that WAS the goody bag or botlle then.

I think they refer to the food at the finish that ran out early.