Karoo to Coast

JGR

any race is hard when you race it. But to go flat out for 6hrs is far harder than than to go flat out for 3 hrs

Out of curiosity what was your average HR on the K2C?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Improved my time by just over an hour from last year, so I'm chuffed.

Did anyone else almost hit a photographer standing in the middle of the road on a corner coming down the (I think) second climb? What a dumbass...

Out of curiosity what was your average HR on the K2C?

lower than I would have liked. I wasnt strong enough to go on my own, so I ended up sitting in the group with the leading ladies most of the race.

avg hr was 82% for the entire race. Normally its around 87% for a race. my LT is 91%

Improved my time by just over an hour from last year, so I'm chuffed.

Did anyone else almost hit a photographer standing in the middle of the road on a corner coming down the (I think) second climb? What a dumbass...

That oke stood around a blind corner, not clever at all, and we went past there at 50 or 60km/h.

Top speeds on the gravel down hills? I clocked 62km/hr but im sure there were some bigger units than me that must have gone faster

any race is hard when you race it. But to go flat out for 6hrs is far harder than than to go flat out for 3 hrs

Compared to the K2C, the DC is a flat race, so you work so much harder for that 3hrs. (I'm in awe of guys that can avg around 30km/h on that route)

Top speeds on the gravel down hills? I clocked 62km/hr but im sure there were some bigger units than me that must have gone faster

I did 78.19 on endomondo and my Polar got a highest reading of 79.8

Ditto, also clocked 78km/h. And I almost hit that photographer around that corner.

Must say, I'm mightily impressed with the Juicy Three brakes I have on my bike. I was hurtling down the descends, trying to keep up with two old and very seasoned BMX riders. Late braking into corners was in the order of the day, but my brakes never failed, faded or wavered. So the people who say Juicy Three's is crap, I will definately differ from you.

Ditto, also clocked 78km/h. And I almost hit that photographer around that corner.

Must say, I'm mightily impressed with the Juicy Three brakes I have on my bike. I was hurtling down the descends, trying to keep up with two old and very seasoned BMX riders. Late braking into corners was in the order of the day, but my brakes never failed, faded or wavered. So the people who say Juicy Three's is crap, I will definately differ from you.

I have Elixir3 one could smell them a mile away but never faded or failed

I broke 2 spokes in my back wheel on the second climb already, so I was a bit cautious on the downhills.

Hope I can get the wheel fixed up :wacko:

I still run a set of Juicy 7's and never a days problem.Juicy's rock.

I finished in 3:50. It was my first k2c and this meant I had to start in group G. Mowing through the traffic at the first climb sucked. I Will be back next year!

I did 78.19 on endomondo and my Polar got a highest reading of 79.8

I got a max of 80.4 on my gps. Sounds about right. We had no traffic so it was flat out on the downhills

I got a max of 80.4 on my gps. Sounds about right. We had no traffic so it was flat out on the downhills

Was that on the tar bit at the end? if you hit those gravel roads at 80 you have my respect!

not that the 3h30 didt give you that already!

Edited by JGR

So then its just having to work hard at the climbs, just dont know how you guys can put your head down and go for it, my mind gives in long before the body does