Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

Tumbleweed, on 12 September 2012 - 08:41 , said:

Not me. But, in this case, it seems he's not entirely wrong.

respect, right their.

yes!! that's what make this here Hub community what it is....and why i keep comming back for more!!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not acceptable, it is wrong, it is incorrect and it is not going to be right (well, according to Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula at least, talking about something else).

(How's this for a pointless post! :offtopic: )

Answer to both the questions are probaly no, but if you start a I hate JB or CWC topic (Or anything close that) you get flamed on the hub. Why? because many guys have had alot of good dealings with them and they have proven track records. The bad experiences are minimal. So if you are looking for a platform to complain about them the Hub is not the place. Thats all I am saying.

Can't agree...The Hub IS the place to complain if you want to make it a public issue...BUT, and this is a big BUT....they HAVE proven track records and many many happy customers...so your point of arguement will have to be very convincing!! and you will get lots of feedback...since starting to read this ffred..i cannopt catch up to the current page...7+ already!! damn@!!! slow down...

Business is business and if it states no refunds then thats how it is. If you had a problem with that then you should have taken it up much earlier before you made payment. It seems you had your own obstacles but JB was also accomodating to these and tried to help you out too. You lost R500 and bearing in mind that he did try to juggle things around then that would be his payment for his time. No? He has helped me out on two occasions when bike shops made an abortion of my gears and ripped me off, and he sorted them out at a fraction of the price. So from my experience, and I'm sure many others here, he is more than fair.

Calling on Johan for some entertainment!

http://www.techaffect.com/wp-content/uploads/shout-out-11.jpg

I contacted Johan directly and told him that the rest of my weekends for the year is unavailable and requested a refund. I have at that point in time paid him R2880 in total and I would much rather have that money in my bank account than somebody else’s.

Johan simply replied that he does not want to refund me, stating that he has had to reply to dozens of emails and accommodate me for one no-show. That was not the case, as I still have all my email history where I notified him that I will not be able to attend the first course in July anymore. He also stated that this was the first time in his career that he had to cancel a course. Frankly that meant nothing to me. Since he cancelled on me I was looking for a refund.

I stated this much to him, and he replied that he will refund me my money but he is keeping my R500 deposit. This I find ridiculous as he did not provide me with any service in the end. He cancelled the course and since we could not find an appropriate date for both of us to reschedule the course, I am under the impression that he has to refund me my total R2880.

On Friday morning of last week I received R2330 into my bank account from Johan, and thus he has decided to keep R550 for providing no service to me whatsoever. I do not think this is right!!! If you take money from someone, giving the impression that you will provide them with a service for that money, and then provide nothing in return, you are in effect just stealing that person’s money!!! I have tried to contact him again but he is just ignoring me at the moment.

You have no weekends free for the rest of the year?

Sounds like you are being a bit unreasonable there

Did anyone else from the JB canceled course get their deposit refunded?

If so then JB is posibly being unreasonable

Did the others find another weekend to do the canceled course?

If so sounds like they are being reasonable.

I dont think JB is ignoring you, he already refunded you and explained why he wont refund the deposit. However I suspect he will open discussion again if you continue with your crusade (word of the day) on da hub

Sooo...where are all the "other" course attendants?? Why they not ranting all over the Hub?? Or are THEY all content with the interrim arangement of moving the date?

Seems to me the OP must try and clear his weekends a bit....get a horticultural engineer to do your lawn mowing for you!! that will free up time for more exiting stuff like attending bike maintenance courses you have signed up for!!

Jee no wonder you want your money back Lapa, with your busy schedule for the next 6 months that 2000 odd bucks wont go very far