Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

Sorry about this, I know it is way off topic. What happened to that mercenary legislation the government implemented a while back?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this thread has got me itching for a pocket knife again. I just walked to Sandton City to go to Sharp Edge and they're closed for the day. :wacko: I guess I'll go back tomorrow then!

I hate this place, the hub that is, last time they were singing watches and I got a new watch.

Now I want another Spyderco.

Try Kreatures.

http://www.kreature.co.za/

Sorry about this, I know it is way off topic. What happened to that mercenary legislation the government implemented a while back?

It has never been implemented ;)

there are thousands of Saffas working all over the world in security industry.

what brand is that middle one called? The wooden handle with the two brass/golden ends?

We all had those in our scout troop, might have mine in a box somewhere.

they are cheap chinese knockoffs from my childhood. They cost about R20 then. I know the proper ones (cannot remeber make) sold for around R250 at the time.

I hate this place, the hub that is, last time they were singing watches and I got a new watch.

Now I want another Spyderco.

Try Kreatures.

http://www.kreature.co.za/

I also started looking at a new watch. (Un)Luckily I couldn't afford it. Unluckily, cos I'm still itching quite a bit...

On a related matter, I have been looking out for a quality sharpening system.

I have seen some online that clamp the knife in the vertical and you can then adjust the "stones" in or out to get the appropriate angle on the blade. You then stroke the stones back and forth along the edge to get it sharp.

Anyone able to recommend a particular system that is not over the top expensive? I want to be able to sharpen pocket knifes to butchers knifes if possible.

Seen this option: http://www.knifeworks.com/lanskyuniversalsharpeningsystem.aspx

Edited by Scooterza

On a related matter, I have been looking out for a quality sharpening system.

I have seen some online that clamp the knife in the vertical and you can then adjust the "stones" in or out to get the appropriate angle on the blade. You then stroke the stones back and forth along the edge to get it sharp.

Anyone able to recommend a particular system that is not over the top expensive? I want to be able to sharpen pocket knifes to butchers knifes if possible.

Seen this option: http://www.knifework...ningsystem.aspx

I have have that Lansky system and been using it for about 3 years now and still working great.Got my mini Spyderco as sharp as manora blade

they are cheap chinese knockoffs from my childhood. They cost about R20 then. I know the proper ones (cannot remeber make) sold for around R250 at the time.

in that case we all had knock offs.

I remember that the right knife was HUGELY important to a scout. Of course we all had a swiss army knife of sorts that you would have at the end of your lanyard. The amount of tools on the thing did get a bit ridiculous, the more the better thinking kind of ended with the models that collapsed in two parts as cutlery.

BUT the reason why I remember the bronze and wood ones was because they just had better blades than the swiss army knives, maybe that was just a fallacy in our troop. Our scoutmaster had a massive knife collection that he would bring in about once a year and go through piece by piece. It left an impression on me, especially the safety aspect which is clearly important for 14 years olds.

What has got me thinking in this thread, is WTF do you guys do that you use a knife everyday? Are there a lot of lumberjacks on the hub, or do you need it in your day to day office job? I have enough *** already in my pockets, and sure as hell don't want to justify one more(but I'm open to ideas - the leatherman only really comes camping).

I think you should wash it pronto after use. If blood dries in all those little holes, you will have to use your Karcher to clean it.

Used to own a crime scene cleaning company.

I know how to get rid of evidence :ph34r:

Thinking of buying this.

What do you gangstas think?

Wayne

Let me be honest with you and tell you what I think.

You need to tell me where this knife is, and how much.

I need to check it out for you first.

Edited by Dangle

Wayne

Let me be honest with you and tell you what I think.

You need to tell me where this knife is, and how much.

I need to check it out for you first.

On bid or buy. Its for R1300 (or a little less)