[Event] Tiletoria West Coast Express

mdk555

Great event. Try telling a 11 yr old its not a race on the 19km. The wind on back straight slowed him down though. Couple a guys ended the event with a fight. Helmets are meant to protect your head not beat a guy against the head with it.

Tell us more, this sounds like a true Hub topicwink.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two guys got into it and the one used his helmet to hit the other guy. Another tried to stop it and he also got a helmet to the head. The oke literally broke his helmet in pieces on the other okes. Dont know what started it though.

Two guys got into it and the one used his helmet to hit the other guy. Another tried to stop it and he also got a helmet to the head. The oke literally broke his helmet in pieces on the other okes. Dont know what started it though.

Probably because the one guy had to do all the work in that howling wind over the last 5 kilometers.

The racing bunch must've been klapping it going out on the R27 with the tailwind. Was there a big crash? Saw a guy coming in with a ripped jersey, shorts and lotsa road rash.

Great event. Try telling a 11 yr old its not a race on the 19km. The wind on back straight slowed him down though. Couple a guys ended the event with a fight. Helmets are meant to protect your head not beat a guy against the head with it.

I saw that !!! The event organizers got there numbers. shocking.

Probably because the one guy had to do all the work in that howling wind over the last 5 kilometers.

Lot of guys in our group deserved a damn good helmeting on that principal!!

I saw that !!! The event organizers got there numbers. shocking.

Good, I wonder what they will do about it.

Does anyone know the winning time ? it was a awesome race, my only issue was for the last 10kms all the short route riders where riding in the middle of the road and some where even walking, when some of big groups came through a lot of guys got ridden off the road and even crash.

Hahaha!!!

Does anyone know the winning time ? it was a awesome race, my only issue was for the last 10kms all the short route riders where riding in the middle of the road and some where even walking, when some of big groups came through a lot of guys got ridden off the road and even crash.

Agreed. I've commented on this lots of times. I know people have to start somewhere and the organisers need to make provision for people who aren't doing the long route, but I think it's a really bad idea to have all the routes finish along the same stretch of road.

The same thing happens at numerous other events, but somehow no one seems to do anything about it.

I've lost count of how many times a portly man/woman on a MTB decides to swerve across the road just as a group of roadies come flying past. It's extremely dangerous, especially when there aren't full road closures and cars are doing 120km/h in the opposite lane.

//Rant over

Did you ride Puncheur? Thought you gave it a miss?

Yeah, spitting blood there in Vets.

Just skipped the Red Hill TT yesterday.

Glad you and your laaitie came out eventually!

Yeah, spitting blood there in Vets.

Just skipped the Red Hill TT yesterday.

Glad you and your laaitie came out eventually!

He had fun until we turned off to Melkbos. I tried having him slipstream but didn't help much. The lucky draw was good seeing grown men run after bottles and energy bars thrown in the air. Big up to the sponsors.

As a representative from Tiletoria and The Outriders I wish to say a huge thanks to all who made this event a huge succes. This by far was our biggest turnout ever. Many thanks again and enjoy the rest of the racing season. Michael de Kock.

As a representative from Tiletoria and The Outriders I wish to say a huge thanks to all who made this event a huge succes. This by far was our biggest turnout ever. Many thanks again and enjoy the rest of the racing season. Michael de Kock.

Thanks for all your effort putting on the event! Was great out there! Glad the weather beat the early predictions by a country mile!