BridgeCycles - disgrace

MariusL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, I would report this to the cops, these chops should know they shouldn’t screw around with our chap’s property.

Klomp skommels...

Attempted theft case should be opened, and now you have some witnesses...

Agree, I would report this to the cops, these chops should know they shouldn’t screw around with our chap’s property.

Klomp skommels...

Attempted theft case should be opened, and now you have some witnesses...

Theft actually. The fact that the owner got his property back doesn't stop what happened from being theft. They removed parts without his consent. Kept them. Denied having them, then only once evidence was provided, returned the stolen property.

Lay a charge.

Oh no! I know Bridgecycles have very good price for entry level bicycles, but the parts are not that cheap compare to other bike shops.

I don't like their workshop because it is so untidy and tools are lying all over the places.

My best mechanic is Lance from Epic Cycles

My best price for clothing is Anatomic Shop at Northgate

My best accessories shop is "Revelation" Thule Shop at town

My best bike parts shop is Cyclelab or Olympic Cycles

My best helper in bike shop is Mac from Cyclelab

I was in there twice, once to sought out a bike my dad bought for my son. He was 6 at the time and the bike came without brakes, needless to say I spent about an hour or more there, then left the bike and collected it the next day with brakes attached at no extra charge. The second time I went in there I stood around for about 15 min, then put back everything I had and walked out. On my way out was the only time I was noticed!!!

This is not the Bridge Cycles I know, I know you cant just pop in because they are quite busy but not because anyone isnt willing to help

Anyway they'll have to watch themselves this can spread like wild fire

I use the shop in Hout bay, small but quite personalised and pretty good prices

Complete Cyclist...... really neat shop and good coffee and muffins :)

Oh no! I know Bridgecycles have very good price for entry level bicycles, but the parts are not that cheap compare to other bike shops.

I don't like their workshop because it is so untidy and tools are lying all over the places.

My best mechanic is Lance from Epic Cycles

My best price for clothing is Anatomic Shop at Northgate

My best accessories shop is "Revolution Cycles" Thule Shop at town

My best bike parts shop is Cyclelab or Olympic Cycles

My best helper in bike shop is Mac from Cyclelab

*fixed it

I always get good discount there.....but i only have one mechanic who EVER works on my bike and that is Lourens Calitz @ Cycle Centre in Edward str, he is a master wheelbuilder and really good!

+10000 the man is magic.

Totally agree, worst shop ever they dont even have prices on the bikes and when you ask they make up prices like "this bike was R25000 but today ill give it to you for R18000" and only one guy tells the customers prices....... one day its this price and the next day its another price its stupid... NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Marius, that mate of yours is a tall dude, i was there when it was happening :thumbdown:

Yip - that's the one udxcob... he's a nice guy, so for him to be p!$$ed off you know it must be bad... and in this case it was... tjops!!!

Totally agree, worst shop ever they dont even have prices on the bikes and when you ask they make up prices like "this bike was R25000 but today ill give it to you for R18000" and only one guy tells the customers prices....... one day its this price and the next day its another price its stupid... NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Have to agree there - they're dodgy! Asked for a price for something the other day, the "salesman" asks one of the owners for the price and I overhear him ask " For who?". I'll spent there in the past, but will think twice going forward.

Bridge tried to sell my mate a bike that was too small for him at a "good" price because it was the last one in that make and model. He had a bad feeling about the sizing and called me, I advised him to fit the same bike at Cyclelab and they recommended a size bigger! It was a R30 000 bike not an entry level bike! They used to be a great bike shop, in fact one of the best in Cape Town. They had some great mechanics and excellent service! I have not been back to Bridge to buy anything for about 5 years, after these incidents I wont even pop in to browse! I say lay a charge against them of theft!

Knowledge is power! In 20 odd years I've only taken my bike to a mechanic once, and it was my brother. I've built up a decent workshop of tools over the years and fix everything myself, to the point of servicing my own shocks and welding up cracked frames.

Bridge tried to sell my mate a bike that was too small for him at a "good" price because it was the last one in that make and model. He had a bad feeling about the sizing and called me, I advised him to fit the same bike at Cyclelab and they recommended a size bigger! It was a R30 000 bike not an entry level bike!

Another poor reference.

Eish!

Then they want to charge my mate R3.6k to rebuild his wheel... at R55 per spoke... we f up your wheel, now pay us to fix it... ridiculous!!!