So, whats for lunch?

HDW

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Chilli Peppers filled with cream cheese and some croutons and bacon bits... Salad and Wors addede1bc4e9edd893d48753c60627deb5030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks flippen delicious.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

2 small haas verity avos, a hand full of DRY fatty biltong a Tbls Philli and a Tbls of blue cheese.

Don't know about lunch, but I'm marinating pork chops with cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, chillies, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a dollop of meat marinade for dinner tonight. Going to grill them in the oven - now I just have to decide what to serve with them. Maybe some corn on the cob wrapped in foil, maybe some roast veg, maybe some baby potatoes fried in the air-fryer...

had some pork crackling... I've been curing some belly in the fridge for a week and a bit with biltong spice & curing salt, so I took the rind off last night and roasted it in the oven for about an hour. BEAUTIFUL crackling. Gave my son some and he loved it as well. Asked what it was and replied "piggy" 

His response - I like piggy. 

:)

had some pork crackling... I've been curing some belly in the fridge for a week and a bit with biltong spice & curing salt, so I took the rind off last night and roasted it in the oven for about an hour. BEAUTIFUL crackling. Gave my son some and he loved it as well. Asked what it was and replied "piggy" 

I really want to learn how to make pork belly and pulled pork. Ever since I saw that movie Chef with Jon Favreau I've had a craving...

I really want to learn how to make pork belly and pulled pork. Ever since I saw that movie Chef with Jon Favreau I've had a craving...

Really easy, actually.

score skin, rub with olive oil & salt, in oven. Low and slow for a while nad then whack it up to the max for about 30 min to get the crackling up. I prefer to lay it out flat as it creates a more even cook on the crackling, but if you roll it it's also good. If you roll it, just render some of the fat down in a pan before putting it in the oven, otherwise the crackling doesn't come out as well. 

Really easy, actually.

score skin, rub with olive oil & salt, in oven. Low and slow for a while nad then whack it up to the max for about 30 min to get the crackling up. I prefer to lay it out flat as it creates a more even cook on the crackling, but if you roll it it's also good. If you roll it, just render some of the fat down in a pan before putting it in the oven, otherwise the crackling doesn't come out as well. 

Do you wait until the end before turning the heat up or do you start out with high heat for 30 mins? I've been reading recipes and opinions seem to vary: Some, like this one

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/782637/threehour-pork-belly

recommend that you give it a blast first to sort of sear the outside and seal the juice inside.

Really easy, actually.

funny I do mine the other way round ( as per Jamie Oliver). Super hot oven until skin scorches and the low and slow for a long time. Salt and oil is essential.

Faaaark, I love pork belly.

more info please. What is the end product? Slice thin like Parma ham, etc?

Edited by MTBeer