Giro d'Italia 2013

tombeej

Hopefully next year they give us a new commentator, can't stand his high pitch 'squeal', especially at the end of a stage, well done to Vincenzo anyway!!!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour de France

29 June

4 weeks and a bit

Yeah baby yeah!!!!!

Should be the best tour in years!!

Untill then..something for us addicts to follow:

Critérium du Dauphiné

Tour de Suisse

Vuelta a Columbia (not as good as the above 2 but the Columbians are shining at the moment.)

Hope to see Sagan fulfil the same feat:

Mark Cav' became only the fifth rider in history to win the points competition in all three Grand Tours with yet another perfectly executed sprint in Brescia.

Also great credit to Cavendish for dragging himself over the big mountains and delivering the goods.

ja well done mark cannotdish (you got no idea how hard it is for me to say that) Glad you decided to stay and finish the race.

Also to Robbie Hunter for finishing

Nibs not set to start at TdF...

Most reports reflect that he'll target 2014.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I'd compete if i was him, form like that doesn't usually last 2 seasons.

Pity really

"Team manager Giuseppe Martinelli, who had already guided five other riders to grand-tour wins, decided with Nibali that it would be best if they stayed at home this year to focus on the Giro instead of the Tour.

Martinelli’s idea was that with a Giro win under his belt, Nibali would race the 2014 Tour with greater confidence."

Velo News

Hopefully next year they give us a new commentator, can't stand his high pitch 'squeal', especially at the end of a stage, well done to Vincenzo anyway!!!

I dunno, I liked the two of them, I know the one gentleman was Daniel Lloyd who is an ex Garmin rider but I never quite got the other gentleman's name, but either way, I thought they were fresh and inspiring and brought a new insight to the race.

I also would have like it if he gave the tour a go....mostly because the 3rd week of the Giro turned out to be much easier than expected due to so many mountains being cut and the competition was not that good in the end.

I don't think Nibs was really tested so he should be strong, but then we have to remember he has been running hot for months now.Been racing since January as prep for the Giro so he propably needs a rest now.

He has many years ahead of him...bunch of young GC guys now that will keep us entertained for at least the next 5 years.

I dunno, I liked the two of them, I know the one gentleman was Daniel Lloyd who is an ex Garmin rider but I never quite got the other gentleman's name, but either way, I thought they were fresh and inspiring and brought a new insight to the race.

Carlton Kirby.taught by the great David Dufflield, poached by Sky Sports from Eurosport this season.

Carlton Kirby.taught by the great David Dufflield, poached by Sky Sports from Eurosport this season.

Carlton Kirby,.........Thanks, I need to remember that name, I really enjoyed his commentary, but then David Duffield, was, as you say, a legend, and learning from one of the best certainly shows.

Trouble I see coming in TdF2013...

SKY= Wiggens + Froome + Uran.

All three podium potentials.

Big trouble I see in SKY later this year

I also would have like it if he gave the tour a go....mostly because the 3rd week of the Giro turned out to be much easier than expected due to so many mountains being cut and the competition was not that good in the end.

I don't think Nibs was really tested so he should be strong, but then we have to remember he has been running hot for months now.Been racing since January as prep for the Giro so he propably needs a rest now.

He has many years ahead of him...bunch of young GC guys now that will keep us entertained for at least the next 5 years.

True, but I think its a clever move as well, if he did compete and struggled for whatever reason (not saying he "will", just "if") it would detract from his great performance here, so by not competing, he effectively goes out on a high .......good for the PR.!

Trouble I see coming in TdF2013...

SKY= Wiggens + Froome + Uran.

All three podium potentials.

Big trouble I see in SKY later this year

Indeed, personally I believe Wiggins deserves the opportunity to defend his title, how he got is not the point, he remains the yellow jersey holder, and I think retains the right to defend it, to "demote" him as it were to a support rider to Froome shows, in my opinion, poor form by SKY and an a lack of respect for him as an athlete in the team.

I think Froome is a great athlete, dont misunderstand me, but he is not the holder of the jersey.

As for Uran, well what can we say, I have long believed he is Grand Tour podium material, unfortunately, like Cavendish, he needs to find another team if he is to be afforded that opportunity, at SKY right now there is an abundance of "chiefs" so he will unfortunately remain an "Indian" there for the foreseeable future if he decides to stay.

Hows the last 2 stage wins for Nibali....

What a talent this lad is....WOW

His STage 18 - uphill Sprint Time trial was something to behold.....

He took nearly a minute of the best time (Sanchez) and in the worst conditions possible..,...

And the 202km Stage 20, with that 12% incline uphill in the sweltering snowstorm was amazing to watch as he broke away from the group and climbed and just pulled away from everyone...

What an athlete, worthy winner!

Cadel Evans, at 35yrs, well done.

Betancur, Uran Uran, awesome riders too!