Bryton South Africa

JGR

After the recent special offers im sure there are a number of more Bryton users. Have any of you had an experience dealing with Jason at Bryton?

Here is my story which is a rant

I got the Cardio 35 Watch which come with a HR monitor but no candence or speed sensor. After looking on their website I called some of the shops that stock their items as per the website - none had the stock I required and said it would take a few days.

Bryton itself offer next day delivery on putchaes over R800.

As I didnt have a sales guy to make queries with I used their webform. A few hous later a got a reponse, not a very good or details one but a response. I reponded to this as it had not addressed my question.

A short while later I get a call from Jason. I start chatting and say maybe im not understanding your anwser to which he responds I dont know how to ask the question. Never the less we continue and I eventually get the info I need.

I ask some more question regarding the accuracy and say I have read Garmin is more accurate. He tells me that total #$%@#45 and that he worked for them for 7 years ect ect.

Anyways that was Friday evening and I was already at the gym so decided I would order first thing on Monday, which i did and paid with Credit Card so I would get the sensor by Tuesday, which for what ever reason was quite impotrant to me. Tuesday comes and Tuesday goes - nothing.

I call on this morning and Jason answers - I enquire about where my package is.

He says im only in the office at 9 - which i say "jeez that really cool hours". He responds well that the advantage when you have big kahunas and open your own place.

I am also told I should know there is a transport strike and car are being burnt ect ect ect and its not his fault. No apology offered.

I get an email much later in the day saying they have now got a new courier company and they will pick it up at 15h30 today! and that it might arrive tomorrow!

I responded saying I can understand delays but why did I have to follow up with you to find out about the delays. If you knew about them you should have let me know.

I now get a call from Jason who be belligerently tell me he is not going to apologise, its not his fault and he is washing his hands off this.

Now I am in a tough spot - Do I cancell the order out of principle and order through a shop or use another device? Whilst it is a pain I am the one trying to spend my money with them to get treated this way? any thoughts or similar experiences?

Edited by JGR

You don't have to like them to like their product. If it's what you want, get it. And hope no future after-sales service is required.

These strikes are testing for all of us!

I just collected my parcel from DHL. It's been there since Saturday. Can't blame him for the strike, however his attitude seems unprofessional.

I just collected my parcel from DHL. It's been there since Saturday. Can't blame him for the strike, however his attitude seems unprofessional.

I didnt blame him for the strike but as he is an online store he should have told me about the delays and the previous Friday bragged he could have go it to a shop the next day if they had ordered in the morning. I can live with delays and the strike but its the rudeness and unprofessionalism which irks me. I work as a consultant and would fired if i spoke to clients like that.

I have dealt with Jason on numerous occasions WRT Bryton products and have only had quick, friendly and professional service. I hope your experience is an isolated one.

I had an issue with uploading some info with my Bryton and spoke to Jason over email.

He sorted out the issue within minutes of my email form that was sent off their site. I would say thats pretty good service!

With regards to your parcel not being delivered on time.... the strike is to blame here, I have had to find alternative methods of delivery due to the strike and it can make our attitudes a little cr@ppy.

I am waiting for my replacement Gobi saddle at the moment, have hung around all day only to find out there may be 'delays' due to the strikes. No-ones fault BUT it all comes down to how you are told, UPS mailed me to let me know there may be delays.

Comments like this: He says im only in the office at 9 - which i say jeez that really cool. He responds well that the advantage when you have big kahunas and open your own place.

are not good for customer relations though!

The service on Friday was good (as mentioned wrt info about products) my issue is with not being informed of the delays and then been made to feel it was my fault for asking why I wasnt told.

Edited by JGR

When we all ordered over the Groupon thing, I had nothing but good response when I tweeted Bryton. Sure this strike is messing with a lot of business owners. Fair enough to you though, like takealot, they should have a notification on the site for people who do not think that the strike could affect their order or who live under a rock and dont know about the strike. I dont watch the news but know about it...

when i bought my unit i ordered through the website and received it the next day. At the time you could not buy a HRM separately on the website - contacted him and told him - that evening it was up

With regard to your initial contact with him...I would also get my hair up if someone asked me about rumours of a competing product being more accurate. do your research and decide for yourself - dont ask suppliers about competing products (my opinion entirely though!)

when i bought my unit i ordered through the website and received it the next day. At the time you could not buy a HRM separately on the website - contacted him and told him - that evening it was up

With regard to your initial contact with him...I would also get my hair up if someone asked me about rumours of a competing product being more accurate. do your research and decide for yourself - dont ask suppliers about competing products (my opinion entirely though!)

My question was more indepth and had to do with the the distance when travelling up hills and the accuracy of the measurements. I mentioned what I had read about Garmin, not that it was superior or anything like that. I said I see Garmin say that are accurate up 1.5% how accurate are you. He went further to explain where sattelties are and that he worked for Garmin ect ect but this is not really the issues. As i mentioned the service on Fri was ok - not been told about delays and then been phoned to say he wont apologies is where i hold issue

p.s my question was based on a lot of reseach and reviews that I read that spoke badly of their accuracy (at least for the watch)

Edited by JGR

My question was more indepth and had to do with the the distance when travelling up hills and the accuracy of the measurements. I mentioned what I had read about Garmin, not that it was superior or anything like that. I said I see Garmin say that are accurate up 1.5% how accurate are you. He went further to explain where sattelties are and that he worked for Garmin ect ect but this is not really the issues. As i mentioned the service on Fri was ok - not been told about delays and then been phoned to say he wont apologies is where i hold issue

p.s my question was based on a lot of reseach and reviews that I read that spoke badly of their accuracy (at least for the watch)

cool

When we all ordered over the Groupon thing, I had nothing but good response when I tweeted Bryton. Sure this strike is messing with a lot of business owners. Fair enough to you though, like takealot, they should have a notification on the site for people who do not think that the strike could affect their order or who live under a rock and dont know about the strike. I dont watch the news but know about it...

Yes I know about the strikes and read the news daily. My parents have a transport business and arent running their trucks. I also read they have no petrol in some parts of the country but it doesnt lead me to assume everything stops. He knows his business and courier companies and if there was a problem let the client know.

Also had a problem uploading data to the Bryton website, it got sorted in a couple of days so no complaints (other than experiencing the problem in the first place)

• 1 month later...

Hi JGR, Apologies.....not the norm and let me know if I can do something here to make amends.

Jason 071 878 7992

After the recent special offers im sure there are a number of more Bryton users. Have any of you had an experience dealing with Jason at Bryton?

Here is my story which is a rant

I got the Cardio 35 Watch which come with a HR monitor but no candence or speed sensor. After looking on their website I called some of the shops that stock their items as per the website - none had the stock I required and said it would take a few days.

Bryton itself offer next day delivery on putchaes over R800.

As I didnt have a sales guy to make queries with I used their webform. A few hous later a got a reponse, not a very good or details one but a response. I reponded to this as it had not addressed my question.

A short while later I get a call from Jason. I start chatting and say maybe im not understanding your anwser to which he responds I dont know how to ask the question. Never the less we continue and I eventually get the info I need.

I ask some more question regarding the accuracy and say I have read Garmin is more accurate. He tells me that total #$%@#45 and that he worked for them for 7 years ect ect.

Anyways that was Friday evening and I was already at the gym so decided I would order first thing on Monday, which i did and paid with Credit Card so I would get the sensor by Tuesday, which for what ever reason was quite impotrant to me. Tuesday comes and Tuesday goes - nothing.

I call on this morning and Jason answers - I enquire about where my package is.

He says im only in the office at 9 - which i say "jeez that really cool hours". He responds well that the advantage when you have big kahunas and open your own place.

I am also told I should know there is a transport strike and car are being burnt ect ect ect and its not his fault. No apology offered.

I get an email much later in the day saying they have now got a new courier company and they will pick it up at 15h30 today! and that it might arrive tomorrow!

I responded saying I can understand delays but why did I have to follow up with you to find out about the delays. If you knew about them you should have let me know.

I now get a call from Jason who be belligerently tell me he is not going to apologise, its not his fault and he is washing his hands off this.

Now I am in a tough spot - Do I cancell the order out of principle and order through a shop or use another device? Whilst it is a pain I am the one trying to spend my money with them to get treated this way? any thoughts or similar experiences?