Mankele 3 Towers

Terence Hope

So, it has come and gone, what was everyones thoughts? Heat , big climbs and bone shaking descents, it was awesome!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best value for 3 day stage race !!! Enjoyed the race . Climbs was challenging as expected

Hard as balls mate!!!!! Rode with Rattlesnake and the boy was C for serious!!!!

Day 2 was probably the hardest ride I have done - ever!!!!

Managed to hang in there on day 3 to the finish - great logistics & food.

best value for money stage race out there for sure - but it aint easy - a real hard man`s race!

Also managed to run into Karma & Mr Singletrack - nice meeting you guys!

Edited by Vinnydabutcher

Awesome. One of the best races I have done in a long time. Real mountain biking. What a Jol!

Hands down the best MTB race on the calendar .

Loved the heat , loved the climbs and wet my pants with excitement on the single track .

It's a mind blow of a event and can't wait for the next one .

Well done to all who did it and to the hubers I met , it was a pleasure .

PS , Karma you owe me beers . :w00t:

Awesome weekend and without doubt the best value for money stage race. Loved the long climbs and the descents on days 2 & 3 were fantastic. Tested all my bike skills and great meeting fellow hubbers!

Anyone have any idea when final results will be published? What sort of times were you guys riding?

Not the offical time ( should be a day or two and they will be out on the Mankele wesite ) , but as per my Garmin

4h07

4h12

2h36

We did the Race.

Hard as balls mate!!!!! Rode with Rattlesnake and the boy was C for serious!!!!

Day 2 was probably the hardest ride I have done - ever!!!!

And then Vinny butchered me on day 3..... I was bleeding from my eyeballs!!!

Great event. Great food, great organization.... tough route.

Good times!

Edited by rattlesnake

Mr Hope, you know my times and now you lost the bet and have to pay for my children's education.

Every time I travel down into the Lowveld I am pretty much guaranteed to endure a 50/50 split between a “MTB’gasim” and what feels like a swift kick to the nads…

The race itself was a complete success from my personal perspective.

The fluidity of the direct, sweeping climbs through Pine and Blue Gum, forcing us skywards, will expose the tiniest of hairline cracks in your pre-race preparation.

There was not a terrain type left to the imagination. Mankele has it all. Sand, rocks, granite, clay, quarts, tar. All on district roads, cattle track, single track, jeep track, pine slopes etc.. both up and down.

There were a few “boob reductions” (uphill single track) (last year’s comments… not mine) but this added to the ever changing route “mind-bombs”!

Some of the long bush tunnels NEVER ENDED! Wish I had more juice in the tanks before these as they require sharp concentration and an even sharper sense of ninja skills.

All in all, a wrist breaking, mind blowing, sun baked, nerve twitching, smile educing, muscle failing race… I’m so in for 2013!

great race, really enjoyed it, it really did have everything, as Bush put it, so a real test of all round abilities and a real eye opener as to weakness areas!

what i loved is the mix of bikes, some top guys were on 26HT with triples, others on hard tail carbons and a few young machines on alu 29HT. so it shows you its not about the bike but about your legs and skill.

will definitely be back in mankele to train as part of my cape epic prep.