Advice on what MTB shoes to buy

Nofearnofun

Nofear - What size are you? I have a set of Diadora's taking up space - size 42 - very lightly used - 1 case of beer.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shimano M240 Heat moldable shoes. Normally sell for over R3k. I am selling some for R2k.Check my ads. I ride with them myself and they are extremely comfortable. I find the Sidi very hard on the feet with the thin wooden inner sole.

Nofear - What size are you? I have a set of Diadora's taking up space - size 42 - very lightly used - 1 case of beer.

I have a feeling a deal like this is to good to be true Due to size... Im a 10, Im guessing converted thats 44?

i Had Shimano twice and found them way to tight in the toe area ...

Specialized work for me , are really comfy and way wider in the toe area ..

I have a feeling a deal like this is to good to be true Due to size... Im a 10, Im guessing converted thats 44?

I think that's a 45, but for sure will be too small for you.

My feet only like Specialized shoes, so there's my advise...

To me the Spez road shoes was more comfy than my original MTB shoes I had. And then I tried on Spez mtb shoes... :wub:

Shimano M087.

2 years and 6,000kms on and they are as good as new.

Stiff and comfortable.

You must try on a few brands and see what fits you well before you buy.

http://www.cyclemadn...products_id=319

Fully agree...I have been riding, spinning, running, walking and crawling (ok ok not crawling :P ) in my Shimano 087's for more than a year now and they have taken many-a-heaavvvyyy battering. I have had my eye on a pair of Sidi's for a while now, provided that the Shimano's retire...but alas they don't! No end to the bloody shoes hehe.

Is anyone familiar with the brand I posted earlier (Lake)?

As well as the system those shoes use to fasten (Heel Mounted Push/Pull BOA lacing system with powerzone in the forefoot)?

If so please can I have your opinion.

Edited by Nofearnofun

Is anyone familiar with the brand I posted earlier (Lake)?

As well as the system those shoes use to fasten (Heel Mounted Push/Pull BOA lacing system with powerzone in the forefoot)?

If so please can I have your opinion.

I know you can get them from sportsbasement at a great price

I know you can get them from sportsbasement at a great price

That exact shoe is from sportsmansbasement for R999,00.

I am just not sure how good the brand is and the fastening system?

• 3 weeks later...

post-11519-0-63767300-1349958745_thumb.jpg

What about SIDI Sierra @ R899.00?

post-11519-0-54738100-1349958956_thumb.jpg

What about SIDI Dominator @ R1599.00?

Where can I get the SIerra's for R899?

That exact shoe is from sportsmansbasement for R999,00.

I am just not sure how good the brand is and the fastening system?

Hi I have a lake..good value for money no complaints. The boa system principle is similar to the s works with with knob turning using thin metal to tighten our shoe.

I've had the Specialized Mtb Sport for roughly three years. Much more comfortable than my original Olympics. They have been through quite a lot of water and the three velcro straps are still fine. But it still comes down to which fit you the best.

This may sound facetious but buy shoes that fit. Have broad feet, get wide shoes. Have narrow feet, get narrow shoes.

Don't try to force your feet into shoes that don;t fit because of colour or "its on special" or or or

Fit, better fit , best fit

I bought a pair of Lake shoes at three towers at a great price(marked down from R2999 to R799). Have ridden with them a couple of times now and have no complaints. They are very stiff with the carbon soles which takes a while getting used to but they are very comfortable.

I have the same tightening system on my golf shoes(Footjoy Reelfit - uses the same BOA system) and they have been going for more than 3 years without a problem.

At that price I doubt that you will find anything better.

I also wear a size 10 and went for a size 45 in the Lakes...

Get hold of Janos at Evobikes. I got hold of a set of Diadoras from them which are very comfy. I paid R1500 for a R2500 pair of carbon sole shoes. I'm sure they'll have something great in your price range.

Janos@evobikes.co.za

Evobikes.co.za