Riding without paying

Wobbles

How common is this?? Haven't seem any on my races, lately??

Perhaps i'm just too middle-of-the bunch???

Le Turbo- good question....if roads are not closed...then surely anyone can ride?

I know a guy that rode from the east rand to the start of the Epic one year, rode two stages before the organisers ejected him for not entering.

I know a guy that rode from the east rand to the start of the Epic one year, rode two stages before the organisers ejected him for not entering.

TruesBob?

What happens if you're just doing your normal ride - say the Smitswinkel route - and you're caught up in the middle of things?

Of course that happens but don't speed up when the bunch catches you and then ride near the front. By all means tag along at the back for a while but don't interfere.

This annoys the crap out of me.

Yes, it can happen that you're on a casual ride and get caught in the race traffic.

Just do you best not to interfere with proceedings.

Problem is that you actually get guys who knowingly stand along race routes just a little distance from the start and then jump in when the bunch comes through.

And often these are pretty clueless bike riders (you've got to be to be doing this sort of thing) and cause absolute havoc.!

I think it is bad style to be on race routes on race day. If it is casual riders and they did not know the bunch will pass them and no problems. But you get these guys that get on the race routes and the pacing bunches. Then if there is any attemtes attacks they will pull bunches back. I feel if you have to ride on the race route on race day and did not enter then to it in the opposite direction the race is going. and skip the waterpoints.

Maybe the poor oke's number fell off?Happened to me in a couple of races before with those cheap paper numbers .Try to get something out of my back pocket and then tear.....

Maybe the poor oke's number fell off?Happened to me in a couple of races before with those cheap paper numbers .Try to get something out of my back pocket and then tear.....

Sorry, i cant take anything you say seriously with that Avatar.

Does he ever get the beer???? shame man.

Sorry, i cant take anything you say seriously with that Avatar.

Does he ever get the beer???? shame man.

Getting him back for hiding all my Easter Eggs as a kid!

I know this guy to.