USN for Kids - Twitter war

Thorn199

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is Brandon Stewart and why do we care what he says?

Its not aimed at you udxcob but at the guy in the post who re tweeted the message

Edited by Jaco-fiets

You can bet the brief was to launch the shake first and as soon as popularity took hold, hit the shelves with every conceivable supplement to maximise market share. The future is our children..

Despite what is in it and the controls at the lab etc.

My issue is the psychology of the owner of the company.People who sell products to the masses,& get rich should have their brains checked now & again,to protect the consumers .

To be fair, he does not formulate the products. He does get rich from it but that is due to mostly excellent marketing on their side. Here you have a problem on the ethical side

To be fair, he does not formulate the products. He does get rich from it but that is due to mostly excellent marketing on their side. Here you have a problem on the ethical side

The ethical side is that he's lucky people dont rock up & give him a pedalling PK.

Rich & guilty or poor & innocent.

My kids get to chose take aways once a year,and that's on their birthday.

Just about every week we have been taking our kids to McDonalds to go play there. We buy one McMixa meal which is one small burger and two milkshakes. Between the two hungry monsters they have yet to eat that single burger ... I don't blame them ;)

Well hopefully companies like Dischem and the rest don't follow suit and start making these kids products as well.

But I have a suspicion that this will do well, easier for the parent to 'think' they're doing good for their kids rather than providing them a balanced diet - the easier option always wins.

I don't have kids yet, maybe I should stock up on this crap before the dollar goes up again - probably enough preservatives in there to keep it 'fresh' for a few years.

SA Business Schools now have a new case study of how executives should NOT respond to comments questioning their products on social media.

Any parent who feeds their kids supplements of that nature (in fact any supplements) needs to take a moment to contemplate their competence as a parent. By all means give kids milkshakes, crisps, sweets and cake as treats but please don't think that some powder mixed with water is going to substitute for or even supplement a balanced healthy diet.

As for kids being competitive - sure they are but the real competitiveness comes from parents who achieved nothing in their lives but feel the need to compensate for this by doing so vicariously through their children. Those are the kinds of parents USN are targetting and no surprises that they buy into the marketing spin.

Agreed - let the PR machine do it.

Personally I think the biggest issue is that at that age the kids are still growing and the stuff could hinder their physical development. I read somewhere (was probably on Thehub) that kids shouldn't be doing weight training until they are at least 16 as up until that age they are still growing...

Edited by robinh

I was sarcastic! But who is he anyway

I'm well aware, but just happened to know his title since my one mate was signed as FedGroup's new young rider recently. Otherwise I have no clue who the clown is.

Agreed - let the PR machine do it.

Personally I think the biggest issue is that at that age the kids are still growing and the stuff could hinder there physical development. I read somewhere (was probably on Thehub) that kids shouldn't be doing weight training until they are at least 16 as up until that age they are still growing...

Yup on weights. Growth plates can get damaged. No weights before growth completed. X-rays can confirm growth being completed.

Examples: (seems to show as an over use type injury):

Sever's disease (heel) - son has this due to inactivity and then started with tennis

Osgood Schlatter (top of tibia - tendon linking to knee cap) - I had this, too much sport in general

EDIT: Have no clue on the effect of the supplements, but I'm a advocate for natural foods (even for grown ups!) - we just do not understand the effects of substances on the body!

Took the human race way too many years to generally realise that sugar is a baddy! And that is a 'harmless'/natural susbtance.

Edited by robox

Yip agree with the take-out story, my kids know what McDonalds and KFC is, but only from driving past there.

Seen the effects of doing weights too early too, had teacher who was shorter than he should have been.