Tour de France 2013

jcza

Seeing the subject header reminds me of that spoof video game from years back called the "Steroid Olympics" (or something of the like) where the clean and jerk contender rips his arms off due to the weight he is trying to lift!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100th Tour de France: Four summit finishes - good for Froome. Seven flat stages - good for Cavendish...

My money is on Sagan again...he shut that little Cavendish up for once as he thought he dominated the sprinting in road races...

Humph!!!!

I'm tired of these grand tours that mean only a mountain goat with a good team behind him can win, why can't they come up with a 3 week tour with a bit of everything and that could be won by a rider from any of the team taking part?

Like the Tour of Beijing or Tour Down Under or Tour of California?

Humph!!!!

I'm tired of these grand tours that mean only a mountain goat with a good team behind him can win, why can't they come up with a 3 week tour with a bit of everything and that could be won by a rider from any of the team taking part?

its only exciting once it gets the mountains - the flat stages are super boring, only the final 10kms are exciting...

I am all for the mountains..

its only exciting once it gets the mountains - the flat stages are super boring, only the final 10kms are exciting...

agree i love watching the sufferfest in the mountains dont care much for the flat stages i watch the last 10kms then thats it

Like the Tour of Beijing or Tour Down Under or Tour of California?

No one said it should be flat, it would be great racing if some other great riders other than the mountain goats stood a chance of winning the overall.

Yeah the big mountain stages are fun to watch, just like the sprints are but its getting a bit stale now where every grand tour follows the same protocol....wait for the killer stage somewhere near the end where we know only a select few have a chance to compete for the overall.

No one said it should be flat, it would be great racing if some other great riders other than the mountain goats stood a chance of winning the overall.

Yeah the big mountain stages are fun to watch, just like the sprints are but its getting a bit stale now where every grand tour follows the same protocol....wait for the killer stage somewhere near the end where we know only a select few have a chance to compete for the overall.

My suggestion would be to ban race radio

EDIT: The best TT'er and climber will probably still win

Edited by jcza

I'm all for the many mountain top finishes and less Individual TT. With this in mind, perhaps Sky will have to back Froome over Wiggins. BMC should defninitely back Teejay over Evans as well.

Contador must be strong favourate but one wonders if Andy Schleck can get back on track by then to offer a good challenge?

My money is on Sagan again...he shut that little Cavendish up for once as he thought he dominated the sprinting in road races...

Yeah - those Sagan sprints are something else !!

WOWZERS - twice up Alp d'huez in one day!

Jip that one also caught my attention! Will be a good day to be in France!

I'm all for the many mountain top finishes and less Individual TT. With this in mind, perhaps Sky will have to back Froome over Wiggins. BMC should defninitely back Teejay over Evans as well.

Contador must be strong favourate but one wonders if Andy Schleck can get back on track by then to offer a good challenge?

I think we'll see it unfold as soon as they hit the mountains - team leaders may change. Evans will probably start as leader but I can't see him finishing as leader. Sky will check out routes then decide. I think they will want to give the Giro a go and obviously the same rider can't do both.

Cavendish will be riding for Omega Pharma Quick-Step, and will be their main focus (Boonen will focus on the classics)

Cavendish will be riding for Omega Pharma Quick-Step, and will be their main focus (Boonen will focus on the classics)

In other words - expect 5 - 6 stage wins