Cyclist knocked down in St James this morning

babse

Heard of this via facebook!?

any1 have more details on the cyclist knocked down this morning in St James Cape Town? sad.png

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks.....thumbdown.gif That is a nice stretch now that the road has been redone, only the end roadworks still a problem.....

Sorry to hear, details anyone?

From Bicycling SA Twitter feed - Bicycling SA@Bicycling_SA

Sickened! RT @rideyourcity: Kalk Bay cyclist: speeding GA Bus hooted & passed him; back wheel knocked him over & rode over him, head crushed

Very sad... I passed the scene on my bike, cycling to work this morning. Reminded me once again how vulnerable we are out there. I was running about 15min late, could easily have been me.

Just before this, I saw a taxi overtaking about 200 cars that were waiting in line at the roadworks thumbdown.gif

Then coming in to Westlake, a car stops accross two lanes in the traffic circle and the passenger door opens in my face cursing.gif

Not cool...

Edited by pholloway

very very sad...... condolences to the family!!

babse makes us worry for our daily morning commutes!

This is very sad news, and we are constantly exposed to this wreckless driving from GA busses etc..

I hope they make an example of this driver so that more awareness can come of this tragic accident.

Condolances to the family.

very very sad...... condolences to the family!!

babse makes us worry for our daily morning commutes!

dam scary

That road between Kalk Bay and Muizenberg is a death trap for cyclists especially coming into Muizies from St James

Any ID?

Condolances to the family

Condolences, wonder if I knew the person...

Decided to get a magshine tail light last night. We need to try be as visible as possible.

Just checked on the GA website and found this.

Although Golden Arrow has sophisticated monitoring systems in place, it is not possible to monitor all 1035 buses at all times. Golden Arrow therefore appreciates and follows up on all comments and complaints so that we can, as far as possible, ensure that our drivers are operating according to both the law and company policy. Members of the public are encouraged to direct their comments, queries or complaints to 0800 65 64 63 or complaints@gabs.co.za Golden Arrow investigates all complaints. Drivers who are found to have transgressed traffic laws or to have operated in a manner which is not consistent with company policy are subject to internal disciplinary procedures. Transgressions are taken very seriously and are never condoned or overlooked.

Urge ALL of us to send an email to this asking when company policy will be that their drivers respect the vulnerability of cyclists on the road. These clowns are usually the chaps that buzz us the most. Have had more than my share of run ins with this crew!

This morning I was flung off my bike after t-boning a reckless pedestrian @30kmph, I was still busy raving about damage to my mates when I heard this news, needless to say my rant was over & i was happy I could pick myself up & ride away. RIP fellow cyclist.