Is your Epic training on track - where should you be right now?

The route has been unveiled and many Epic athletes have done lots and lots of TIS (time in saddle). Many says you must also do intervals, but when should I really start with that and what should a typical interval session look like?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The route has been unveiled and many Epic athletes have done lots and lots of TIS (time in saddle). Many says you must also do intervals, but when should I really start with that and what should a typical interval session look like?

I would suggest for November and December focus on time in the saddle and overall conditioning (core). Base strength will also go up but you don't want to stress the muscle system too much this early on. Jan, Feb focus on sustained long hill endurance and remember enough recovery during this block.

If you're not to familiar with training regimes consider a training program. I see fit track has some programs.

Thats going to be my approach.

I would suggest for November and December focus on time in the saddle and overall conditioning (core). Base strength will also go up but you don't want to stress the muscle system too much this early on. Jan, Feb focus on sustained long hill endurance and remember enough recovery during this block.

If you're not to familiar with training regimes consider a training program. I see fit track has some programs.

Thats going to be my approach.

Sounds like an awesome battleplan. Go for it

See, now Mellow is a nice guy. Gave that advice for free an ol.

Thanks for being a true person and helping others in the sport without trying to sell them a little book.

Good question Oom, but please give us the answer sometime soon before the topic gets hijacked moer toe....

And... TIS time in saddle... tch tch ...think TITS time in the saddle is a better acronym

Good question Oom, but please give us the answer sometime soon before the topic gets hijacked moer toe....

And... TIS time in saddle... tch tch ...think TITS time in the saddle is a better acronym

And that is all we ask for...

Agree... TIS is one T(iet) short

I thought it was one "nut" as per that other thread.

One nut I can work with... the one T... I don't know hey