Plantar fasciitis

DR ◣◢

Anybody here ever suffered from this?

Treatment and time to recover?

Safe to keep training if you have this?

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Safe to cycle. Jogging mostly painfull. Depending on treatment it could take very long (I have seen 18 months). Treatment: soft shoes or gel inserts, Celebrex, Ice 30 min at a time x many, possibly night splints (proper ones expensive), Barbotage sometimes needed. Most resolve with treatment in 6 weeks.

Thanks. Stupid autocorrect on my phone.

Started showing symptoms about 2 weeks ago after a ride that had a bit too much hiking involved.

Its somewhat tender after rides and really feel it the morning after night training.

I've started with calve and foot stretches and I ice frequently. Helps big time.

I can deal with the discomfort. Just need to make sure its safe to keep training for the next two weeks.

Its safe. Use the degree of discomfort when you first step out of bed in the am as a yardstick for improvement

Thanks. This morning was worse but the rest of the day better.

Didnt do the exercises last night after the ride. My own stupidity.

Thanks again for the advice.

Go see a podiatrist your best bet for treatment. As your foot mechanics may also be a factor. Call the Podiatry SA at 0861100249 to find one close to you. Normal RICEN, streching, shoe change and custom insoles work best. Can take up to 3 months to settle or even a cortizone infiltration may be needed. This tends to linger if not treated may even lead to heel spur formation. So try and get it sorted asap.

I bought gel inserts that I now use in all my shoes including the cycling shoes.

Specifically designed for planta.

I had it real bad, took about a month to recover to walk properly, but without the inserts it kept coming back.

Plantar fasciitis can take a long time to heal. mine took more than a year, but it was very hard and painful. cycling is no problem and swimming is OK too (that's how I became a triathlete).

There is a variety of treatments you can use if you are sure you have plantar fasciitis. I have found taping is great for me.

Get proper inner soles made by a podiatrist. They work better than gel inners as they're made specifically for your foot. Rolling your foot over a frozen water bottle will also ease some of the discomfort.

You can bite the bullet and get the doctor to inject I think Cortisone into it. It hurts like you won't believe, but it heals so much faster like that. Mine healed within about 2 months. Be warned, it is the most painful injection you could ever have....

Edited by Octavian