Top 10 Must do Mtb Events

Wil6

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is a list of Top 10 "less famous" mtb races Lighthouse2Lighthouse would be on mine.

Only race I know of in Western Cape where you get to ride 10+ km on the beach. Nice friendly vibe and very cheap (think last year was R600 for 2 days) - just dont expect anything technical.

10+ ks of beach...eish!

I will go trough all the nominations and give results on Monday.

Based upon all the suggestions you should put a poll together and get people to vote for their top 10 (or 3 0r 5 or whatever they feel like) - would be quite interesting to see

Berg and Bush (Over Sani2, unless you don't like really technical stuff).

on my list to do

Knysna 300

Lord of the Chainrings.

Hell and Back

The H&B is different because it is so unusual but there is NO singletrack.Just gravel road and that does not do it for me

Absolutely no interest in riding gravel roads.I would rather go ride my road bike.

Based upon all the suggestions you should put a poll together and get people to vote for their top 10 (or 3 0r 5 or whatever they feel like) - would be quite interesting to see

Was thinking more or less the same thing thanks Stretch.Don't think I have the time today but will see what I can do.Definitely on Monday.

If there is a list of Top 10 "less famous" mtb races Lighthouse2Lighthouse would be on mine.

Only race I know of in Western Cape where you get to ride 10+ km on the beach. Nice friendly vibe and very cheap (think last year was R600 for 2 days) - just dont expect anything technical.

10+ ks of beach...eish!

10ks each day (or felt like it). This year was R450 for the 2 days, and included free camping both nights.

Many of these seem to be stage races, what are good single day events for those of us that have a bit of a tight budget? I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are.

Stage race - W2W, Sani2C, 2Hell&Back

One Day - Knysna mtb, Stellenbosch mtb, Boschendal

Festival - Eselfontein, Dirtopia

#5 Wines2Whales - but the organisers need to do some improvements for next year on their facilities.

I was more than impressed this year. Not really sure what they could improve on

Swazi Frontier is my favourite event - it's not a race, it's an unforgettable experience

Wines2Whales - possibly the most enjoyable singletrack riding anywhere

Epic - because, well, it's the Epic

Sani2C - what Epic should have been - all about the riders.

A Dirtopia 24hr Solo - you know it's going to be tough, but in a good, technical way

Attakwas - with Attakwas in the memory banks, every other race is doable.

Transbaviaans - the challenge, whether you do it in 9hrs or 18hrs is exactly the same. Everyone leaves with a massive sense of achievement

Hell and Back - the original SA stage race, with a nice 17km climb at the start

Imana Wild Ride - like Swazi, but better (from what I've heard, still waiting for an entry)

Harkerville Red Route - heaven on a bicycle.

Special mention - the now defunct Rock Pedal Classic. A small, intimate mountain bike event, put together by a mountain biker, for mountain bikers.

Heard this is a jol, any race that ends with a fees where there is a local fashion show, lang arm sokkie and the cambell bro's is worth it...next year I am doing it fo sure

yeah we gonna drink with them farmers next year

Archived