Linden Bike missing

Linden Cycles

I am posting this on behalf of Linden Cycle. As many of you know, we loan out various 29 inch bikes to customers to see whether they find the new big wheels favourable or not. We have been doing demo bikes for many years and have never had any problems. Unfortunately we loaned out a Giant XTC 1 29er (black with white decals in a medium frame size) to a lady named Sandy on the 5th October; she drives a white BMW X5. Our loan period is for a weekend and we are still waiting for the bike to be returned. The number we have been supplied with only goes through to voicemail.

I know many of you may think that the bike is certainly long gone but our very family orientated business has worked on mutual trust for many years and it would be sad to see this come to an end.

We would just like to know if anyone out there has any information regarding our loan bike, whether in fact Sandy is alright or do we unfortunately have to start taking full deposits on the loan bikes.

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated in this matter. You can either reply to this thread or alternatively give us a call on 011-888-2381 or 011-782-7313.

Thank you,

Linden Cycle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please give info on where you guys are situated and what her registration number, will keep an eye open.

Oh no! I do hope that you get the bike back and that there is a reasonable explanation for this (not that I can think of any pleasant reasonable explanations).

Everyone else, c'mon, let's help try get the bike back. Linden and Jonene do so much for the sport of cycling and they are always there for cyclists, not just their regular customers. Let's keep our eyes open at Northern Farm and the spruit and everywhere else.

Edited by slowpoke

Why punish the bunch for 1 rotten apple.Take her to book no need to stop the demo bikes.You should have here registration and copy of ID.Dont you make allowance on insurance for this type of thing.When you get a hold of her,make her clean your workshop.thumbup1.gif

No pics of the client? You will have to do mugshots and finger prints the next time! I hope you get the bike back as its a bugger now for honest guys to be trusted to test out a bike.

You guys are very trusting indeed. I had no idea there was anyone on this planet who was this trusting especially in the crime capital of the world.

You sure it was not a hire car she had borrowed for the day? By the sounds of it, she is unlikely to come in her own car that is traceable if the phone number is bogus!

Linden Cycle should ask her ID number before she borrows the bike, so that you can report to police if not returned by Monday.... Police can track her thru ID no....

If she returns, make her to pay for it...

Easy up chaps - there could be a legitamate reason. BMX X5's are normally the preserve of professional thieves (the government) - the amateurs are normally less flush. A woman in an X5 is more soccer mom than career thief.

I reckon they'll have their bike back in a week with a Sandton style "I was soooo busy having my nails done and breasts made perky that I just didn't have time doll" apology.

Guest Just plain Crazy

Please give info on where you guys are situated and what her registration number, will keep an eye open.

They are on 3rd Ave - Linden - Joburg. Hope you guys get the bike back..

Maybe it was an easy way to "borrow" a bike for the 94.7 and will be returned on Monday.....

Edited by Thug

Easy up chaps - there could be a legitamate reason. BMX X5's are normally the preserve of professional thieves (the government) - the amateurs are normally less flush. A woman in an X5 is more soccer mom than career thief.

I reckon they'll have their bike back in a week with a Sandton style "I was soooo busy having my nails done and breasts made perky that I just didn't have time doll" apology.

And she will even get on her knees....