Bikes stolen at Burger race, from Bike rack

Spat

There might be a possibility these guys had cycling kit on, and they maybe even smile n waved at the security guards.....

Yip!

:-/

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meezo, did you guys go for a drink? Probably worked as a team, checking where you are and stealing it!

Meezo, did you guys go for a drink? Probably worked as a team, checking where you are and stealing it!

We were standing at the big banner infront of all the portaloos bike were put on rack around 10 got back to car around 10:45-10:50 bikes were gone!

Well, the Spez certainly can't ever be ridden in a race or even at a club without someone asking about it - even if the components are changed. Put 'em on the stolen bikes register too (I know there's a thread about it somewhere) if you have the frame numbers.

Weren't the bikes locked? because years ago an old hubber's bike also got stolen from the rack at a shopping centre, I lock the bike onto the rack wherever I go.

Seems that we have to lock our bikes to the racks even with cable locks besides the normal keylock on rack. Sad to hear of your loss.

I went to pee-pee and took my Garmin 800 off for safe-keeping.

Sadly.

Edited by Puncheur

Ill give you some hope!! One of my team members was riding today in his group spots a bike that looked exactly like the one that got stolen about a year back! he pulls the guy off the road during the race and a few min's the guy's father pulls up to them and the guy bolts off again with the bike! so my friend goes back to the finish line and abandons his race and waits! We all gathered after the race and decide to head to the cars as he turns, he turns on the guy and the bike! grabs it and headed straight to the police!

The bike is currently with them and he just needs to get the serial no. from his broker.

So there is hope!

Really really hope so too. Like a hubber says there are just some things that can be replaced, my theory hopefully theres something better waiting!

Yeah hopefully the thieves nuts in a vice and your hands on the handle. Seriously I hope it turns out "all for the good" for you guys.

Ill give you some hope!! One of my team members was riding today in his group spots a bike that looked exactly like the one that got stolen about a year back! he pulls the guy off the road during the race and a few min's the guy's father pulls up to them and the guy bolts off again with the bike! so my friend goes back to the finish line and abandons his race and waits! We all gathered after the race and decide to head to the cars as he turns, he turns on the guy and the bike! grabs it and headed straight to the police!

The bike is currently with them and he just needs to get the serial no. from his broker.

So there is hope!

I sincerely hope for your buddy's sake it's not a case of mistaken identity.

Ouch guys, this sucks!

There is always hope though, as some will know my Spez Demo DH bike (just as rare as the Spez in question here) was recovered about 6 months after it was stolen. Unfortunately it's taken a bit of a beating in terms of scratches and rusted bolts, but it's in one piece. The positive thing is that some of these b@stards do get caught - the responsible pair in my case are locked up in Pollsmoor.

Please lock your bikes guys, seen a few extremely suspicious folk hanging around at the K2C earlier this year and these stolen bike freds pop up ever so often.