The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

The Broke Back mountain bunch?

Gold.I love Sky despite the naysayers but they have got smashed this year. Magnificent 7? Feck the best rider today had a fractured pelvise... oddly enough, I took a call at 3am this morning that my mom had taken a tumble and fractured hers as well. wonder if I should send her across to replace Kennaugh. ;)

Edited by hellocolour

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells Bells! Tons of hate toward the Sky team and Froome on the interwebs!

Wow!

I have not seen this type of reaction to a leader before - including Lance.

Call me fool, but I think this dude is the real deal.

Please let me be right!

Froome will be dishing out the hurt pills tomorrow, Contador will be totally dismayed by this time tomorrow night.... I saw it in Froome's eyes

Yip your forecast was spot on.

The Dawg rode like a beast yesterday , they dropped like flies, and at one point i thought the Columbian had him but he found another gear. It was a massive day and excellent performance and i know the drugs calls are going to come on hard and fast but wow he dispatched that climb like a man possessed.

Eurosport did programme with a pro, and amateur and a legend doing a ride of a stage of the Tour de France this year.

The Ride Episode 3

Chris, Sean Kelly and a dood from Norway (with a serias snor) did Mount Ventoux a few months ago, you can find the cap on cycletorrents.

Watched Froome fielding more questions about doping in an interview on CNN just now. Felt for the dude. His voice was a bit quavering. It must be hard to field constant doubts and questions, but I guess it's goes with the territory.

On the vroom voom thread, a link was posted in which the team said they would play open cards with WADA.

So here is the thing I don't get, why are the in house stats such a top secret ? Why can the power stats, etc. be made public? If you want to play the transparency card, then play it to open the game not to keep things secret and still have public domain suspicion.

Watched Froome fielding more questions about doping in an interview on CNN just now. Felt for the dude. His voice was a bit quavering. It must be hard to field constant doubts and questions, but I guess it's goes with the territory.

Just wait 10 years sure all these guys are on something! Look at all the 100m track guys bust yesterday.

On the vroom voom thread, a link was posted in which the team said they would play open cards with WADA.

So here is the thing I don't get, why are the in house stats such a top secret ? Why can the power stats, etc. be made public? If you want to play the transparency card, then play it to open the game not to keep things secret and still have public domain suspicion.

One of the reasons now cited by Brailsford is that interpretation by "armchair critics" could lead to more doubt. In the lead-up to the Tour, he said it could also give away his training secrets. Thing is, it's outside Wada's ambit really. Sky should maybe go with an independent expert. Maybe someone like Ashenden.

One of the reasons now cited by Brailsford is that interpretation by "armchair critics" could lead to more doubt. In the lead-up to the Tour, he said it could also give away his training secrets. Thing is, it's outside Wada's ambit really. Sky should maybe go with an independent expert. Maybe someone like Ashenden.

Well yeah, and Brailsford knows this.

Frankly we have heard it all before, LA made a big song and dance about how he was going to make all his info public when he returned to the sport, of course he never did, and most likely others have done likewise, so there is a healthy level of skepticism among many.

I think a guy on another forum summed it up well when he said "Until Sunday, he thought bicycles were also subject to the laws of gravity" - so yeah, there is doubt and it wont go away anytime soon.