The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many will know that Froome aligned with our organization some years ago whilst riding for Team Barloworld. We have asked for clarification from Chris on a number of occasions in the last 18 months via email and direct message on Twitter if he still wished to form part of our organization. As a result of not receiving such clarification from Chris or Team Sky in recent days we have made the difficult decision to remove his bio page from our website. This in no way insinuates that Froome is a suspicious rider but we feel that if riders do not support our organization then there is no reason for us to promote them as such.

Bike Pure

Edited by ' Dale

We contacted Team Sky’s Chris Froome on this issue some weeks ago, asking if he would be willing to produce his data during or after the Tour. We didn’t receive a direct response however he did pass the email to his team. We received a phone call on 20th June from Fran Millar, Head of Business operations for Team Sky who said Froome wouldn’t be making any of his data public. Bike Pure also asked if Froome would be willing to make data available after the Tour and we have not received a response as yet.

Bike Pure

Edited by ' Dale

Mixed feelings about this. BP seem peeved that they can't promote themselves through Froome's co-operation. That's wrong.

But why does Froome have to ask his team to say yes or no on data?

Mixed feelings about this. BP seem peeved that they can't promote themselves through Froome's co-operation. That's wrong.

Sky is very controlling with their rider management.

Seemingly, by far more than most.

From a perception point of view, it's not good for Froomster

Same here TW. Massive Froome fan but the question that keeps popping up is how do you go from 2nd in Giro del Capo to potential Grand Tour winner in such a short time. I guess we have LA to thank for this.

Cheap and misleading publicity-seeking from Bike Pure.

Transparency & Grand Tour Contenders

Contenders? Plural? I see only one name mentioned.

5 years on and a world away with his subsequent development under the guidance of team sky.

The guy is incredibly naturally gifted - and even more dedicated and motivated. I can't find a source now but I recall hearing that he has one of the highest VMax's ever tested by the UCI when he was still a Kenyan licenced rider.

Edited by dracs

Same here TW. Massive Froome fan but the question that keeps popping up is how do you go from 2nd in Giro del Capo to potential Grand Tour winner in such a short time. I guess we have LA to thank for this.

I have said it before…I, from speaking to people who have ridden with him and hearing the opinions of others who know him, believe that Froome is clean. I would hate to be proven wrong.

Yeah, mixed feelings and suspicious from the outside view.

Problem is there are to many "experts" out there who will analyze and criticize anything they can without knowing all the facts.

TBH if I was in the same place I would not want to make all the data public and rather just comply with what is required by the Team (Employer) and by the regulatory authorities (WADA, UCI, etc...).

For all we know Froome might be willing to publish the data but his employer Team Sky might have restricted this in his contract to prevent self claimed doping experts or other teams from trying to derail the teams progress.

Despite the usual "if its to good to be true, then its probably not true..." philosophy I prefer to follow the innocent until PROVEN guilty process.

We contacted Team Sky’s Chris Froome on this issue some weeks ago, asking if he would be willing to produce his data during or after the Tour. We didn’t receive a direct response however he did pass the email to his team. We received a phone call on 20th June from Fran Millar, Head of Business operations for Team Sky who said Froome wouldn’t be making any of his data public. Bike Pure also asked if Froome would be willing to make data available after the Tour and we have not received a response as yet.

Bike Pure

To do this to top contender 5 days prior to the of TdF says everything about the ethics of BP......more like Bike Manure (BM)! They could have taken action months ago, if they wanted too. Well done BM! :thumbdown: True class on your behalf......