The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

Storm in a teacup in my opinion....

Chris' time has come - and although I don't know him personally he seems a great guy, kind and well mannered, reserved at times, and dare I say a bit of a charmer :) Although they claim he is Brit, he is a child of Africa and a home boy.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 years on and a world away with his subsequent development under the guidance of team sky.

The guy is incredibly naturally gifted - and even more dedicated and motivated. I can't find a source now but I recall hearing that he has one of the highest VMax's ever tested by the UCI when he was still a Kenyan licenced rider.

He was a Grand Tour contender in 2011 when he finished 2nd at the Vuelta.

I'm happy to accept that he is clean because we haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise even if there is a lot of noise out there.

I'm not digging these big PR meetings saying how clean he is and how his results will never get stripped......just ride your bike.....I want him to win, but I don't think I will really ever believe the sport is completely clean. But i'm not overly concerned if it is or isn't.

I'm not digging these big PR meetings saying how clean he is and how his results will never get stripped......just ride your bike.....I want him to win, but I don't think I will really ever believe the sport is completely clean. But i'm not overly concerned if it is or isn't.

Rather a question of him answering the questions that keep coming and coming and coming - than him setting up "big PR meetings...."

5 years on and a world away with his subsequent development under the guidance of team sky.

The guy is incredibly naturally gifted - and even more dedicated and motivated. I can't find a source now but I recall hearing that he has one of the highest VMax's ever tested by the UCI when he was still a Kenyan licenced rider.

I agree, 5 years in development for a rider of his calabre shouldn't be seen as suspect. Plus he was born at high altitude. Isn't that what Douglas at MTN has been suggesting all along? Why when Africa have produced so many of the worlds top middle distance runners for so long, can't we produce the worlds top cyclists?

Although they claim he is Brit, he is a child of Africa and a home boy.

He's a pom. Raised as an expat and an englishman, passport'd up and force fed the love of the mother country.... ;)

He's a pom. Raised as an expat and an englishman, passport'd up and force fed the love of the mother country.... ;)

Pom by passport maybe, I have probably spent more time in the UK than him. Apparent back in the glory days of the Empire all the posh toffs went to Kenya, the lower / middle classes massed to SA, and the criminals were shipped off to Oz . He speaks Swahili btw which is more than can be said in terms of African languages for most of us.

Lots of media focus on him now. apparently an article in The Star today also on Cycling News

Chris Froome: From cycling slum dog to Monte Carlo millionaire

Pom by passport maybe, I have probably spent more time in the UK than him. Apparent back in the glory days of the Empire all the posh toffs went to Kenya, the lower / middle classes massed to SA, and the criminals were shipped off to Oz . He speaks Swahili btw which is more than can be said in terms of African languages for most of us.

Lots of media focus on him now. apparently an article in The Star today also on Cycling News

Chris Froome: From cycling slum dog to Monte Carlo millionaire

Unimpressive. I have friends who speak fluent Swahili after a few beers! Hahahahaha!

I am pinning my hopes on this dude to usher in the (long-awaited) new era of cycling.

I think Froome looks more like this guy

http://www.premiumorange.com/cataloguescitroen/photos%20du%20site/tintin.jpg

You may be on to something:

post-1604-0-14654000-1372403931_thumb.jpg