SylvaSun

Super J

Hi Guys,can anyone recall years ago there used to be a "sun block" tablet called SylvaSun that contained lots of Vit A and Beta Carotene that would increase your skins UV resistance,is it still available or can I make my own? I recall it being "tested" on us during national service?!

I think its still avaialable - we grew up sailing cats every weekend so they were part of the package.

Hi Guys,can anyone recall years ago there used to be a "sun block" tablet called SylvaSun that contained lots of Vit A and Beta Carotene that would increase your skins UV resistance,is it still available or can I make my own? I recall it being "tested" on us during national service?!

Not sure tablet making falls into DIY?

I wish there was a sunblock that did not sting the crap out of my eyes when it mixes with sweat and runs down my face!

Anyone know of sunblocks that are not tested on poor animals?

I wish there was a sunblock that did not sting the crap out of my eyes when it mixes with sweat and runs down my face!

Use SPF 30/50 for babies. Doesn't sting when it gets in your eyes. Either that or wipe a strip of vaseline above and down the side of each eye. Helps re-direct the sweat and diluted SPF away from your eyes.

Try Techniblock from Dischem / Clicks. It's a spray on and not runny like normal sunscreens.

ps, Island Tribe gel also recommended here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/109335-sunscreen/page__hl__techniblock#entry1518806

Edited by Jacquers

Sylvasun equivalent is now sold under a different name. Not sure what it is called though.

My benchmark for sun stuff is if its CANSA approved. Have a look at their website for their list.

As for in your eyes, dont put sunblock on your forehead. Do cheeks, under eyes. Having said that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I start riding. Losing all my hair presents challenges. Can just see the vent holes of my helmet burned onto my pip.

Sylvasun equivalent is now sold under a different name. Not sure what it is called though.

My benchmark for sun stuff is if its CANSA approved. Have a look at their website for their list.

As for in your eyes, dont put sunblock on your forehead. Do cheeks, under eyes. Having said that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I start riding. Losing all my hair presents challenges. Can just see the vent holes of my helmet burned onto my pip.

I am also folically challenged and have had the helmet sunburn patterns... Sunscreen on top helps, as well as one of those sweat bandanas.

Yup, there used to be one called SilvaSun and it was tested on our national servicemen instead biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Yup, there used to be one called SilvaSun and it was tested on our national servicemen instead biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.pngHAhahahaha!!! :) :) :)

cursing.gif cursing.gif , and you have just gotten through one set, and then you want to burn something onto your head ? no no no no no no no, your christmas pressie should be one of those bandana thingy may bobs on your head (scalp) whistling.gif clap.gif .