RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek kan dit nie glo nie, im truly gutted :(

Het gisteraand nog a rerun van hill2hill gesien waar jy saamry in sy baggies. Nog gedink, wow... die ou is cool... en nou.... what a loss.....

Very sad news. Words cant describe how we feel. He was a true inspiration and will never be forgotten. RIP

The brightest star on the SA sport scene, snuffed out before achieving all that his talent deserved....

He was already great, and was only getting stronger, and going on to achieve even greater things. Truly, truly breaks my heart...

Our thoughts are with his young wife and family...

I will never ever ever accept this !!!! I shall never forgive those that kill our brothers !!!!I cant even type here and cant accept this.... no no, even if they catch them our country needs to wake up on this a do more more and more !!! Burry my brother i will miss you !!! RIP

I am speechless, he was a true inspiration. Thoughts go out to his family and his wife.

Cannot believe this terrible news, I keep on hoping that its not true.

My heart goes out to Cherise and the Stander family, life is just not fair...

I know details are still unconfirmed and I'm making a huge assumption now but the worst part is this is not an isolated incident, taxi related deaths / accidents have happened to 1000's of families and what can be done about?

Perhaps the cycling community could make a stand / protest against these idiotic irresponsible *unts who own and drive taxi's, who knows perhaps if enough people stand up to them the govt might just do something constructive to control them...

Its at times like this when I feel like joining a secret militia and starting a genuine taxi war...

Guest Frail4Life

Rip Burry. Condolences to Cherise and family.

Met Burry and Cherise @ 2010 94.7, they autographed my cycling shirt.

The news of Burry Stander's passing - shocked, is a MASSIVE understatement. A loss of life remains a loss, but even more tragic when killed by Taxi whilst cycling !!!! A legend, an inspiration, a role model and humble ambassador to the sport and SA. What a tragic, tragic day for all cyclists, but more so for his wife and family.

what a way to begin the year for mountainbiking with terrible news like this. heart felt condolences to the Stander family and Cherise.