Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a post on the News24 site:

santie.quanjer

"We were on the scene right after the accident. No taxi or taxi driver involved"

"The vehicle and driver was on the scene."

Matthew Savides@matthewsavides

Driver has been charged. He was taken in for questioning. Culpable homicide charge. #BurryStander

Repeating this just to keep the 'facts' at the top?

Matthew Savides ‏@matthewsavides

Official comment from Col Jay Naicker of KZN SAPS says it was not a hit and run. #BurryStander

33m

"The taxi driver allegedly stopped after the accident until the arrival of police," Col Jay Naicker. #BurryStander

Apparently it was not a hit-and-run, and the taxi parked off at the scene. But still trying to get more details. #BurryStander

Edited by robox

RIP @africanmtbkid, this is so sad. You were such a role model to my son. We are so shocked. Condolences to his family.

Time to stand together and organise a mass hub/cycling ride in memory of Burry and safety for cyclists in every town in S.A!

ons moet iets hier in Bloem reel

@KevinMcCallum: RT @matthewsavides: @Christenedj @Tyronbarnard Hit by taxi. Killed instantly. But taxi stayed on scene, it appears. So not a hit and run.

As utterly gutted as I am, the sad truth is that nothing will come of this. Yes, we will organise a massive rememberance ride, maybe even more Critical Mass rides will be put together, but while we are clad in lycra and Sipho who never went to school is behind a 2 ton metal ramming-rod on wheels, we will always pull on the short end. Taking the fight to government won't do anything, they will just pull their shoulders up and give you a "hau" and that will be it. I can't suggest a solution because I don't know of any.

I really feel for Cherise. SACF have given her so many raw deals lately with not including her in teams, and now to lose her husband as well. I wouldn't blame her if she turns her back on cycling completely after this.

+1000000

Ongelukkig sal selfs 'n tragedie so groot soos die.........fricken boggerol doen aan die regering se standpunt en belangstelling aan fietsryers. Ek ry lankal nie meer fiets nie.....maar geez okes.......dis heavy heavy gevaarlik en maak nie saak hoe versigtig jy is nie....'n groot deel van jou noodlot is totaal en al buite jou hande....vermoe of vernuf.

My innige meegevoel met die gesin en alle naastebestaandes en goeie vriende......my hart is ook moer seer.

Carrots