RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

ahh, ok, so it could have been his dad riding with him, as initially said.

G

His Dad is very capable and would show many of us how to ride.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel numb at the news. Hardly slept last night. I never met the guy but had and still have the utmost respect for him. *sniff*

I still feel numb at the news. Hardly slept last night. I never met the guy but had and still have the utmost respect for him. *sniff*

I just can't believe was awake the whole night

Still numb from shock. Never had the pleasure of meeting Burry in person, but did meet Cherise a few years back.

R.I.P. "our" Champ, may your sad passing not be totaly in vain.

Sincere condolences to Cherise and Burry's family.

RIP Burry sad.png

Met Burry (I think it was 2010) after the Argus while cycling back to my vehicle up Buitengracht Street. He and his team mates where heading somewhere up Kloofnek where they stayed. The guy chatted to me like we were old friends and shared his experiences during the race with me. I think he came 5th or 6th that year. Must say what a humble and polite young man, had the utmost respect for him.

It really is a great loss for cycling and a very sad day.

RIP Burry........I had so many emotions going through me last night when I heard the sad news......my heart goes out to Cherise, after the tough year she had last year, this IS the worst start to 2013!!! She will be in my prayers. We lost a GREAT SA cyclist!......AGAIN while training on the road!! I hate the road.....

Got to meet him and his wife at Nissan Trailseeker Irene. The nicest guy and his wife was so sweet.... Such a tragic thing to happen to a guy who still had his whole life ahead of him. We'll miss you Burry....