RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Burry!!

Condolences to Cherise and the Stander family.

Know that the thoughts of the cycling community are with you.

Edited by ren8gor

RIP... my heart goes out to all who knew him. I can't begin to imagine what his wife and family must be going through! When so many people die on our roads each year we need to stop referring to them as 'accidents'. That's bull***t, it's negligence, weak law enforcement and lack of consideration for those around us! Government need to start enforcing the law and stop trying to profit from it.

Sorry for the venting, I'm just sick and tired of reading about this unnecesary carnage every day.

Awful awful loss to South African cycling and sport. And to Burry's family, friends and fans. His sport was dangerous but in the end a selfish driver took his young life. RIP Burry.

Matthew Savides@matthewsavides

Driver has been charged. He was taken in for questioning. Culpable homicide charge. #BurryStander

Where can we get more details on this?

Rip haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but you are a legend. Condolences to your family. I'm hoping your death will not be in vain but highlight to the authorities the plight of cyclists on sa rds.

You have made your mark on the world.

I always used to say, 'That kid will rule the world someday'. More than probably the most capable cyclist SA has ever produced, Burry was just a down to earth, real nice guy. What a massive loss. Stay safe you guys.

When so many people die on our roads each year we need to stop referring to them as 'accidents'. That's bull***t, it's negligence, weak law enforcement and lack of consideration for those around us! Government need to start enforcing the law and stop trying to profit from it.

That is true. A truly unfortunate event. Not even consideration in the future will fix this, a South African legend has paid the non-refundable price. A very sad day for cycling...

Edited by littlenaushie95

Just heard the terrible news! Ek's sommer naar!!

Burry jy is en sal altyd n LEGEND bly!!

Gebede vir die families!