Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was more to come from Burry.

So true.

Innige meegevoel met Cherise en die familie in hierdie moeilike tyd.

This is so stuffed up its driving me nuts!!! I feel so bitterly sorry for his wife, mom and dad. I am so sad that he fought so damn hard at the Olympics just to get run down by some idiot who probably bought his licence. So the taxi stopped... Biiiig whoohaa! Why was the driver not stoned to death right there and then? I'll remember two things about Burry: 1) Burry Stander was a legend, an absolute inspiration. 2) Today on the 3rd of January 2013, a Taxi driver killed my hero.

I am crying...

RIP Burry. I only met you briefly after your win at SSWC, but you struck me as a humble person. Your willingness to mix it up both on and off the single track showed you as a true ambassador of our sport. You will be missed.

Hey Hubbers

It's been a long time since I've been on here, let me start by sending my thoughts and prayers to Cherise and their families.

Then let me add that in light off what's happened Shaun is starting up Sign-Up Cyclists Safety Initiative again. Let's put our money were our mouths are by doing something immediately and that is by contributing to this worthy project to increase awareness.

Come on hubbers, in memory of Burry lets support any initiative that will improve the lives of all cyclists on our roads!

RIP---such sad news

Burry ride free---- we will always remember you!!

Condolences to his family and wife.

Keep riding --ride safe!

I don't have many (any?) heroes, but Burry was one. What a tragic loss.

The world will be an emptier place without him.

My heart goes out to Cherise and his family.

RIP.

RIP Burry... You were a great inspiration to so many South Africans.

Thoughts are with the family. He will never be forgotten.

I feel so sad and angry at the same time. When will this madness stop!!!

RIP Burry, you are a hero

When I saw this thread title I hoped it was a very silly prank. Felt like my browser loaded forever. I too feel very sad, I am not a emotional guy or one feeling all torn up over deaths but this has struck a nerve very close to my heart. Feels like a very close famaily member died.

I for one will be out riding for tomorrow in the wind, wearing black.

We should start to create awareness and not just comments on those "cyclist killed" threads.

Let's take those free ppa 1.5m stickers and slap them on to random cars and taxis. On the windshield or bumper or whatever when you feel like it. Maybe even add some strong adhesive and make the mark stay there, a reminder for how cyclists feel when our friends are being ignored on the roads.

RIP my fellow avid cyclist.