Archery.

Neg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and I started this amazing hobby/sport 2 years ago. He was 12 at the time, so I bought a take down Recurve (Ragim Wildcat) - at 28 lb - to get him into the sport. What a nice bow!!

Then I saw a longbow - at 60 lb - at the local shop a few months after that I just HAD to buy.

To complete the collection I bought my son a Mission Craze which is currently set at 50 lb. Nice bow that is quite flexible for different set-ups/strengths.

We only shoot as a hobby,so don't get to the range enough.thumbdown.gif

I have this thing for the Recurve - especially after the Olympics. Not is the same league as those bows, but a nice challenge to shoot with only the anchor pt and front pin to aim with.

The longbow is just wild - 100% instictive shooting and at 60lb, it is really instinctive - kinda aim and let fly. The bow is obviously difficult draw.

I have a recurve -- RAGIM with accessories and target lying at home,

Its a lot harder than shooting -- the Beretta's --

I have had 0 time to shoot, -- the recurve Bows are traditional and the compound are the newer used for Hunting -- smaller and compact,

It a challenge to get recurve right, and one uses instinct as said above -- Love the sport,

NOW THAT MY BIKES STOLEN -- I MIGHT HAVE MORE TIME TO SHOOT -- ESPECIALLY THE F........R WHO STOLE MY BIKE IF I SEE IT ..

Ive been building a RAT ROD BAJA aswell - just to keep busy

I have a recurve -- RAGIM with accessories and target lying at home,

Its a lot harder than shooting -- the Beretta's --

I have had 0 time to shoot, -- the recurve Bows are traditional and the compound are the newer used for Hunting -- smaller and compact,

It a challenge to get recurve right, and one uses instinct as said above -- Love the sport,

NOW THAT MY BIKES STOLEN -- I MIGHT HAVE MORE TIME TO SHOOT -- ESPECIALLY THE F........R WHO STOLE MY BIKE IF I SEE IT ..

Ive been building a RAT ROD BAJA aswell - just to keep busy

Time to invest in a few broadheads :-) Aim for the gut

Anybody with some more current info on a beginners package?

I am really considering getting into this.

I suggest you go with a second hand bow. If you do your homework you should be able to pick up a second hand bow for a good price.

I have an older compound bow that I might as well get rid of seeing that cycling has completely taken over my life. I'll post some pics tonight. I am happy to let it go for a good price if anyone is keen.

don't worry admin, I will not (not again) post the pic of the eland that I shot with the bowph34r.png

Hi

Archery is a lifestyle not just a sport like cycling.

I worked at Archers Edge for 4 years and have been shooting for a while.

I recently started with MTB.One thing from my experience is that seek advise before you buy any second hand bow.

I had so many clinets trying to cut the cost but then in the end of the day it cost them more due to the constraints.

However you can get great bargains especially this time of year as the ATA shows is on now and all the newest products and bows are released.

Tips:

Get your draw length and make sure the bow you buy can adjust to your draw length.

Draw weight

Left handed or Right handed.

Accesories

The new bows have improved so much that a 60 pound can outperform the older bows which have much higher poundage.

Make sure to phone around first a hear about all the new package deals that are available.

Have a look at a Bowtech Assasin for instance.This bow has had great succes and offers alot of options.

Most important thing is that you need to make sure your setup is balanced and correct.

I have seen alot of guys that have the best and they have poor results due to poor setup.

Hi

Archery is a lifestyle not just a sport like cycling.

I worked at Archers Edge for 4 years and have been shooting for a while.

I recently started with MTB.One thing from my experience is that seek advise before you buy any second hand bow.

I had so many clinets trying to cut the cost but then in the end of the day it cost them more due to the constraints.

However you can get great bargains especially this time of year as the ATA shows is on now and all the newest products and bows are released.

Tips:

Get your draw length and make sure the bow you buy can adjust to your draw length.

Draw weight

Left handed or Right handed.

Accesories

The new bows have improved so much that a 60 pound can outperform the older bows which have much higher poundage.

Make sure to phone around first a hear about all the new package deals that are available.

Have a look at a Bowtech Assasin for instance.This bow has had great succes and offers alot of options.

Most important thing is that you need to make sure your setup is balanced and correct.

I have seen alot of guys that have the best and they have poor results due to poor setup.

+1

no use buying a bow that doesn't fit you

Anybody living in JHB should check the junk mail. There are second hand bows and accesories for cheap cheap. You should always have the seller meet you at a bowshop so that they can check that the bow is not damaged. A dry fired bow is a write off. Only Hoyt bows can dry fire. A person could dry fire a bow then try to sell it.

Anybody living in JHB should check the junk mail. There are second hand bows and accesories for cheap cheap. You should always have the seller meet you at a bowshop so that they can check that the bow is not damaged. A dry fired bow is a write off. Only Hoyt bows can dry fire. A person could dry fire a bow then try to sell it.

I saw someone dry fire a bow once. I nearly shat myself, and it wasn't even my bow!