Archery.

Neg

Well that is why i started to see who does and did and who might take it up- i have not shot a bow for close on 4years now, and also plan on getting back into it full force this year-

im looking at the Hoyt CRX or maxxis 32. (both old models) i like the short axis bows. a bit unstable, especially at the 30"+ draw lengths. i dont plan on going over 60-65lbs due to shoulder injury and anything more than that is just a waste-

that or finally getting that low bow ive always wanted.... :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Research made it clear that it would be about 7-9k for the conversion. so i decided to try get the tektros working- they were Squealing badly changes brake pads and they are much better- i now need 100m to stop and not 300m :):) my hunt for the XT calipers with Cantilevers continues.

I do a few of these for guys who need it- we had to shoot an arrow with a line attached, they then would pull the line back over with a thicker line until they could get the cable over to pull scaffolding up the side- A few attempts from the plat form inside and no go.... i modified the bow to about 90-95lbs and still no go... they build a platform inside and nothing... eventually i accepted defeat.... they got a helicopter in to drop the cable and because of the up draft in the tower, it almost pushed the chopper into the other towers.... i have posted these before though. eek.gif

med_gallery_19679_908_113688.jpg

gallery_19679_908_76528.jpg

gallery_19679_908_58212.jpg

gallery_19679_908_75791.jpg

Yip, the Archer's Edge guys are amazing. I am on their range a number of times each week. DP hit an Inian myna on 85 yards on that range! Do you know that SA had three male archers in the top 8 in December's world champs in Singapore and took gold and silver in the ladies. I have seen a lot of Hoyt archers get converted to Bowtech on their range.thumbup1.gif

Yip, the Archer's Edge guys are amazing. I am on their range a number of times each week. DP hit an Inian myna on 85 yards on that range! Do you know that SA had three male archers in the top 8 in December's world champs in Singapore and took gold and silver in the ladies. I have seen a lot of Hoyt archers get converted to Bowtech on their range.thumbup1.gif

SA usually does well in the worlds, i competed in 3 world champ events, i took Gold in the UK in 1994. In my division. That year SA came home with 7 golds! and a few silvers and bronze. 13 medals in total if i remember correctly.

Depends on what you consider decent- and for your needs. its the same as buying an 85k bicycle for a weekend warrior .. if you can, great. but i have not been in the game for so long im sure you would get something decent for about 7-10k ?

Edited by Neg

In the 80s i popped in to Sharp Edge in Sandton to find out all about it.I could not pull the friggen thing.Stan who is not the biggest of fellows demonstrated how to do it.I gave up the idea and stuck to my Berettas

In the 80s i popped in to Sharp Edge in Sandton to find out all about it.I could not pull the friggen thing.Stan who is not the biggest of fellows demonstrated how to do it.I gave up the idea and stuck to my Berettas

Not a bad move..... :):) hand/shot gun???

I was looking at crossbows and the costs a couple of weeks ago and it seemed as if I could get a decent set up for about R10k.

Anybody with some more current info on a beginners package?

I am really considering getting into this.

Join a club and find out what they offer and then see what equipment is for sale within the club second hand to kick off.

It is a mine field of equipment