Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

I would like to think that the public is more aware of the issue than before. Sure there are still a lot of accidents but the awareness issue has gone up in leaps and bounds

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed but for the people racing up Klapperkop , stop at the memorial for a second and just pick up one piece of paper or pull one bossie out . I cleaned it up on Monday a bit but will go with a spade this weekend .

Nothing has changed but for the people racing up Klapperkop , stop at the memorial for a second and just pick up one piece of paper or pull one bossie out . I cleaned it up on Monday a bit but will go with a spade this weekend .

Good on you, bud!

Any ideas for the best place to park and to start close to Klapperkop?

Park at the Waterkloof lifestyle shopping centre and then it is an easy cycle via Johan Rissik drive of maybe 5km.

• 2 weeks later...

My boet's column in today's The Star:

Today marks the darkest of days. A year ago, Burry Stander went out for a training ride and died, killed in a traffic accident. It took a husband, brother and son from the Stander family, and robbed a country and a sport of a very special talent.

http://www.iol.co.za/blogs/kevin-mccallum-1.2505/riding-in-memory-of-burry-1.1628121#.UsZOGKLO7Zs

a Year today, miss you Burry, so much of SA Cycling would've been so different had you still be with us

Its been a year ....still sad and angry about this and all the other cyclists that was murdered on our roads by sh*t head drivers... :cursing:

Its been a year ....still sad and angry about this and all the other cyclists that was murdered on our roads by sh*t head drivers... :cursing:

What have you done to change YOUR attitude on the bike and in the car? I try my best to be considerate in both situations as last year this time must have been one of the saddest days in SA sport history.

#Ride_for_Burry

#Gone_but_never_forgotten.

What have you done to change YOUR attitude on the bike and in the car? I try my best to be considerate in both situations as last year this time must have been one of the saddest days in SA sport history.

#Ride_for_Burry

#Gone_but_never_forgotten.

What have I done..?....not much to be honest..other than stick to the rules and regulations of the road bro...gotta drive defensively at all times ..as that is part of how I earn my income...cant afford to lose my PrDP..as clients check up on it periodically...On the bike as well..If I am hospital bound...there is no income...no sick leave...it"s a case of no work ..no pay...as I am self employed.

Be safe out there guys...today We ride for Burry... :thumbup: