Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

With the current state of the NPA, SAPS and Courts, we should be happy that a judgment was obtained and prison sentence handed down.

Yes, it's nowhere near satisfactory but it is what it is.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to Burry's Mom, she's been in court every day. As Cherise has moved on with her life and has found happiness again (which she too deserves) there is no moving on for his family. No amount of prison time will bring him back, hopefully this will at least help them find some sort of peace.

I agree that nothing will ever bring Burry back. Aunty Mandie has however been strong and has made as much positive progress as could ever be asked of a mom who lost a child.

Burry's legacy will never go away, and let's hope that some form of positive change comes from this tragic event.

My heart goes out to Burry's Mom, she's been in court every day. As Cherise has moved on with her life and has found happiness again (which she too deserves) there is no moving on for his family. No amount of prison time will bring him back, hopefully this will at least help them find some sort of peace.

I hope they all find some measure of closure with this judgment.

I hope Burry's mom finds some comfort in the fact that he brought so much happiness into people's lives with his cycling success and that he was and still is an inspiration to those who followed his career.

As for Cherise, as much as I hope that she's now in a happier space I think there's a part of her that'll always love and miss Burry.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Didn't even know it was his birthday. I guess that is normal for someone who never knew him personally.

I'm glad that people have stopped talking about him as much as they used to. His ex-wife and family need peace.

Didn't even know it was his birthday. I guess that is normal for someone who never knew him personally.

I'm glad that people have stopped talking about him as much as they used to. His ex-wife and family need peace.

Cherise has moved on, she has started a new family and recently gave birth to a beautiful little one.

His mom actually wants people to talk about him and his legacy. She even built a whole bike park with a tribute garden for all to go and visit. She also uses it to educate kids on cycling safety.

Edited by Patchelicious