Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like prisone sentence.

Can't help but feeling some sympathy for the taxi driver - other taxi drivers gets away with blatantly ignoring the rules of the road daily ...

Edited by cat-i

Sounds like prisone sentence.

Can't help but feeling some sympathy for the taxi driver - other taxi drivers gets away with blatantly ignoring the rules of the road daily ...

Hopefully this is the first step in changing that.... They seem to think that they are a law unto themselves and unfortunately the current action taken against them enforces that thinking.

Hopefully (even if it's just one or two) they will think before they act...... 

Pro active policing would also help.....

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  5m5 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial court sentences as follows : count 1 6 years imprisonment. 3 years suspended for 5,

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  6m6 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial count 2: R5000 or 3 years suspendrd for 5 years on conditon not convicted of traffic offence

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  5m5 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial accused drivers license cancelled

6 years, 3 of which suspended for 5 years.

3 years. Not much, but it's something.

Not sure how that will affect the driving of other taxis. Here in Sandton it seems like nothing is being done ... does someone have to die for something to happen?

... does someone have to die for something to happen?

Let me rephrase that: how many people need to die before the reckless driving would change?

Its a good thing that something is being done, but then you have to question, how is it possible that he will spend more time behind bars than Oscar?

Bet this driver does not even do half his time?  This Is a first and can be a way forward in setting a precedent?

Its a good thing that something is being done, but then you have to question, how is it possible that he will spend more time behind bars than Oscar?

Less time - only 3 years.

But the crime is equally bad - both cases the offenders were extremely reckless. Both should have foreseen the outcome.

Because he won't.

in sa this adds up to sweet fanny fokol :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: ,,,,,wont see the inside of a jail for more than 6 months, will get a connection  to buy him a licence will be on the road within 8 months IF THAT LONG :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Bet this driver does not even do half his time?  This Is a first and can be a way forward in setting a precedent?

Well half of it is suspended and I guess half of the other half can be cut for good behaviour.

I think you got a sentence as tough as this, only because of Burry's profile and the intense lobbying by his friends and family.

Its a lot more than Oscar.

Let me rephrase that: how many people need to die before the reckless driving would change?

We're on 40 a day with no change in sight.