Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

Follow the judgment today via Mike Bradley's Twitter feed.

tumbles, it is only going to upset us IMHO :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow the judgment today via Mike Bradley's Twitter feed.

tumbles, it is only going to upset us IMHO :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: HOPE IM WRONG

Ja, Dips, it's hard to say which way it's going so far.

EVEN GUILTY,,,,EISH not much will come from it sadly,  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: just loose loose

twitter feed is here.

https://twitter.com/mikesmaverick

I had hoped we could get a different thread for this, BUT my thinking is that the outcome isn't really that important. Either way it's going to generate interest, and I don't think a harsh penalty is going to change actions of  general road users on its own. I'd like to see this incident being a turning point for our cyclist/motorist relations. We are never going to get a bigger moment than an olympic cyclist being mowed down on our roads - we need this to have a positive spin on road usage going forward.

The Kid is dead, long live the kid.

Cherise Stander retweeted
mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  6m6 minutes ago
#burrystander vehicle passed then defence had clear view up road to vehicles making u-turns. Defence stated he did jot see cyclist.
1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet1  Favorite
More
mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  8m8 minutes ago
#burrystander court finds cyclist not taveling at excessive speed

twitter feed is here.

I had hoped we could get a different thread for this, BUT my thinking is that the outcome isn't really that important. Either way it's going to generate interest, and I don't think a harsh penalty is going to change actions of  general road users on its own. I'd like to see this incident being a turning point for our cyclist/motorist relations. We are never going to get a bigger moment than an olympic cyclist being mowed down on our roads - we need this to have a positive spin on road usage going forward.

Sorry, I searched for the other threads, but couldn't figure out which one to use. 

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  6m6 minutes ago
#burrystander court states driver did not deliver due care and still of reasonable man. Should have known actions could cause harm to others

Cycling Direct ‏@CyclingDirectSA  15m15 minutes ago
#BurryStander Sentence will be handed down in 6 weeks time viz @mikesmaverick

The sentence is not there to change the attitude for the people... It's there to punish the driver for his actions and secondary hopefully to put a precedence to deter others from doing the same, but also there to give closure to the stander family and for this I believe a harsh sentence is needed.

G

twitter feed is here.

Justice prevails.

Honestly never thought I would be able to say this in this country.

This incident had a profound impact on how I drive, and use the road in general whether its on bicycle or crossing on foot. It's sad that it took such an incident., but it has changed one life for the better. I try and set an example on the road, hopefully my actions will afect other people, i know it already has made an impact on some of my family members.

• 2 months later...

Sean Badenhorst ‏@Mr_TREAD  20m20 minutes ago
Driver that killed Burry Stander being sentenced now. Follow @mikesmaverick for updates.

#burrystandertrial even in 1962 the state & courts were concerned about high number of road deaths - if courts only issue fines, no deterent

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  10m10 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial case law from 1962 states prison sentence should be passed where degree of negligence gross.

#burrystandertrial state: prison sentence required, correctional supervision not effective, no programs to assist under correct. supervision

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  5m5 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial prison will also serve as deterent. Drivers license should be suspended. he's young & capable to find other employment

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  3m3 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial defence atorney states he has been instructed by accused to state that he is sorry for the death of #burrystander

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  2m2 minutes ago
#burrystandertrial therefore question of accused not showing remorse not correct, at the time he thought it was not his fault.

mike bradley ‏@mikesmaverick  1m1 minute ago
#burrystandertrial accused has never had any other traffic infringements and liecense is revenue generator for accused.

Coffee break now