Do you have a 1.5m sticker on your car?

davem

If you have a bike shop with these stickers on the counter then post here, you can get some traffic in your shop.

I collected 2x from Velo life in Somerset West....they are readily available in a pile on the counter by the till.

PS: never liked the look of these highly visible stickers...but after last week I have decided - bugger the looks, its the message that counts!!! And it is clear for all to see...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. I do have a teeny oval Campag sticker on the back window though. If you didn't know it was there, you'd miss it.

Less is more! Especially with cyclists!

Nope, I detest stickers on a car. I remove all of these "stick on" type emblems from my cars, even if it's OEM. Proper decals can stay, stickers come off.

In any case, that is one ugly sticker. If it was more visually appealing, I would have considered it, as it is for a very worthy cause.

BTW, I have three of them in my cycling drawer.

I am not convinced that this is a realistic way to make the roads safer. I can not see motorists waiting behind a cyclist to pass them with 1.5m to spare. Most motorists will ignore the 1.5m law, especially on roads with no yellow line shoulder. I think only dedicated cycle lanes will make a significant difference.

I am not convinced that this is a realistic way to make the roads safer. I can not see motorists waiting behind a cyclist to pass them with 1.5m to spare. Most motorists will ignore the 1.5m law, especially on roads with no yellow line shoulder. I think only dedicated cycle lanes will make a significant difference.

BUT - you can't have cycle lanes all over the place....there will be a couple of dedicated ones, i agree...but not nearly enough to satisfy all our cycling needs?

The change has to be from the motorists attitude towards cyclist!! Respect us a EQUAL road users...and that willtake a huge effort to achieve!!

We have to start somewhere.....

I collected 2x from Velo life in Somerset West....they are readily available in a pile on the counter by the till.

PS: never liked the look of these highly visible stickers...but after last week I have decided - bugger the looks, its the message that counts!!! And it is clear for all to see...

I always refuse to put any stickers on my car. BUT I went to my car and put it on after untill last weeks sad news.

I did however fit the sticker to the window and not the paint.

BB, it's to raise awareness. I agree with the way you see it, but if one motorist takes it in it changes a lot. Look at the Think Bike stickers. Yellow, NASTY, and it can be seen from afar. And I maintain that they have raised some awareness under motorists.

BB, it's to raise awareness. I agree with the way you see it, but if one motorist takes it in it changes a lot. Look at the Think Bike stickers. Yellow, NASTY, and it can be seen from afar. And I maintain that they have raised some awareness under motorists.

Yes Pieman and if I don't wanna put a sticker on my bike because it looks fugly then I should not complain to much about anything .

I've seen too many people with these stickers on their cars driving like tjops to put one on my car myself. What good is it promoting a 1.5m gap when passing a cyclist when people exceed the speed limit, drive through red lights and do not use indicators. I feel the same about "Baby on board" stickers as these are the worst offenders and yet they request that we take notice of a baby on board when they cannot stick to the rules of the road.

Yes Pieman and if I don't wanna put a sticker on my bike because it looks fugly then I should not complain to much about anything .

Hey ouman, klim op daai poegie van jou en ry solank huis toe, ek sal jou netnou vang. Die SLIM mense praat hier. cursing.gif w00t.gif

Agreed though Dirt-rider, it's a personal choice. I don't ride with a TB sticker on my car, but I've been told on numerous occasions that the cages (sorry, CARS) have seen them and then just checked their mirrors for the extra second.

I've seen too many people with these stickers on their cars driving like tjops to put one on my car myself. What good is it promoting a 1.5m gap when passing a cyclist when people exceed the speed limit, drive through red lights and do not use indicators. I feel the same about "Baby on board" stickers as these are the worst offenders and yet they request that we take notice of a baby on board when they cannot stick to the rules of the road.

You stay in the wild west ? I have only seen one other car with this sticker since the 94.7 and he was driving very nicely . It's like the BMW drivers are all tjops argument therefor I will not buy one !!thumbdown.gif

Agreed, but read what you just said! "I've seen too many people with these stickers on their cars driving like tjops". You've seen the stickers. And you went ballistic. BUT, now you think about the 1.5m and, if human nature persists you might just apply it!

Did mine right after the 94.7 expo. Found it a little odd that it instructed you to put on the right hand side and not the left...

But its done none the less and the more stickers on cars, the more people see them, the more awareness it creats.

Precisely my problem.

Got from PPA and most bike shops have a pile of them. But that's down here in civilisation.

On all our cars and my trailer, every time someone visits I stick one on their car too.

PM me your address and I'll mail you a few, goes for anyone struggling to find them.

Oi vey!

I have never had a sticker on my car because all stickers look well like stickers. But bit the bullet and put it before Xmas.

They will make a difference it there are enough. I know that I am contributing in a small way. It is better than moaning.

You change perceptions a little bit at a time. This is one small step.

Found it a little odd that it instructed you to put on the right hand side and not the left...

But its done none the less and the more stickers on cars, the more people see them, the more awareness it creats.

I agree about the positioning. While on the right it is directly in front of the following driver, I feel the left more visually shows that gap that needs to be maintained. Given the picture on the sticker it makes better sense.

The sticker will mainly be read when cars are bumper to bumper/stationary so left side also seems a good option. Also front seat passengers will also read. Most of them drive too.