Cyclists' Safety in the light of Burry and other's recent deaths - Merged Thread.

Guest Heino

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cycled against traffic once, missed a putco bus by mm's!!!! NEVER AGAIN! ! It's just stupid realy! Guys please keep safe the last thing I need now is a hubber dead, I'm discouraged as it is to get on my bike! cheers!

Would you really??

It's not about being caught by police but by cars doing 140 a few cms away from you. I'm sure you can answer your question....

Nope, i wouldn't/don't.

Just curious to know , cause i find alot of cyclists on the N4 when i'm travelling towards PTA.

Nope, i wouldn't/don't.

Just curious to know , cause i find alot of cyclists on the N4 when i'm travelling towards PTA.

The cops don't like us doing that, but they've never in all my hundreds of times that we've ridden there, given us grief.

We do however make sure we stick to the left of that very nice yellow line whenever it is wide enough. <edit: this has been on club rides with a backup vehicle behind us>

But to +1 post #2, no, it is not legal. Bicycles, pedestrians and horse drawn carts are not allowed on a national highway.

Edited by Bianchi

Nope, i wouldn't/don't.

There have been a few cyclists killed on that road.

The number of cyclist I saw on highways over Dec/Jan was incredible - especially in the garden route

@Niner

What makes you so argumentative?

Make your point and get out.

Instead you bring it forward repeatedly.

Chill, Bru.

I just can not understand that people keep thinking that because someone for hit facing traffic they will not get hit riding the other way.

What is the logic there? The car should not have been there but people here don't seem to get it.

Getting hit next to to the road will happen no matter which way you face.

But Dale I hear you, stupid of me to think that people here have an iq or logic.

I am as suggested.

Good morning all.

Just a quick question, is it legal to cycle on a highway?

Only illegal on a FREEWAY. if you mean freeway when saying highway then yes

If you asking N road the. No it is not.

Only certain section of a road is a freeway an it is normally marked with signs where it starts or stop and where you enter or exit a freeway.

For excame the N1 in CPT is only a freeway from the R27 turnoff. So you are allowed to be on it till there.

I just can not understand that people keep thinking that because someone for hit facing traffic they will not get hit riding the other way.

What is the logic there? The car should not have been there but people here don't seem to get it.

Getting hit next to to the road will happen no matter which way you face.

But Dale I hear you, stupid of me to think that people here have an iq or logic.

I am as suggested.

Where do you get off insulting "people here"???

I suggest you take a re look at your own IQ and logic before you start generalizing sunshine

Only certain section of a road is a freeway an it is normally marked with signs where it starts or stop and where you enter or exit a freeway.

For excame the N1 in CPT is only a freeway from the R27 turnoff. So you are allowed to be on it till there.

Wow, i did not know this, thanks for the explenation.

Wow, i did not know this, thanks for the explenation.

Correct yes, as per the technicality.

A highway becomes a freeway (marked with the freeway sign) and there you may not ride.

An example is the R21 north/south between Fountains circle and Hans Strijdom.

Tbh I'm not sure if I've seen those signs between Pta and Harties on the N4... haven't been there recently.