Cyclists' Safety in the light of Burry and other's recent deaths - Merged Thread.

Guest Heino

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 50cc and less are not allowed on highways-some guys might be legal-hahaha

I think 50cc and less are not allowed on highways-some guys might be legal-hahaha

I'm a big turbo-diesel, but my turbo isn't working, half of my fuel injectors are blocked and some of my piston rings are cracked. Do you think I'll be legal?

I spent 5 years on the north coast of KZN training daily on the N2. It was the safest place to cycle. The verge was 2.5m, far safer than the alternative roads with no verge and uncut grass forcing you in the the line of traffic. The police always greated me as I rolled by.

Only illegal on a FREEWAY. if you mean freeway when saying highway then yes

If you asking N road the. No it is not.

Only certain section of a road is a freeway an it is normally marked with signs where it starts or stop and where you enter or exit a freeway.

For excame the N1 in CPT is only a freeway from the R27 turnoff. So you are allowed to be on it till there.

You have it wrong and may create impressions that can be costly. Please make sure of your facts when posting important things that may impact on a persons life.

Freeway - two lanes seperated by a median, over and underpasses with on and offramps. This not only for N roads but any road that conforms

Expressway - two lanes seperated by a median but with level intersections, ie, t-junctions or crossroads, and expressway may have on anf offramps but does not have any over or underpasses (bridges). This road may be an N, R or any other denotation and you may rode on ot.

Rural, secondary or tertiary roads. These are normal single lane road. They may be designated N, R or D or any other.

Furthermore, it is illegal to ride on a freeway. Your insurance (life and short term) states you may not take part in illegal activities and they may reject your claim. This can be bad for you as you will be held liable for third party damages and claims as well, especially if you survive or are and invalid or brain damaged.

Sooooo even those that ride on a freeway once or twice a year are foolish.

You have it wrong and may create impressions that can be costly. Please make sure of your facts when posting important things that may impact on a persons life.

Freeway - two lanes seperated by a median, over and underpasses with on and offramps. This not only for N roads but any road that conforms

Expressway - two lanes seperated by a median but with level intersections, ie, t-junctions or crossroads, and expressway may have on anf offramps but does not have any over or underpasses (bridges). This road may be an N, R or any other denotation and you may rode on ot.

Rural, secondary or tertiary roads. These are normal single lane road. They may be designated N, R or D or any other.

Furthermore, it is illegal to ride on a freeway. Your insurance (life and short term) states you may not take part in illegal activities and they may reject your claim. This can be bad for you as you will be held liable for third party damages and claims as well, especially if you survive or are and invalid or brain damaged.

Sooooo even those that ride on a freeway once or twice a year are foolish.

Why???

Last week Burry Stander was killed when a taxi turned in front of him. This morning a group of cyclists on Elm rd, Benoni A/H ignored a traffic light as I was crossing the intersection on green, but it gets better. They also then proceeded to block the entire lane with their 'service' car riding behind them.

So cyclists break the rules then get pissed off when car drivers also break rules.....

There is a big difference between breaking the law and murdering someone. who the $&;&; do u think u are trying to justify this . Please lord if I meet u one day may he be with u!!!!!!!

Who was murdered.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I've been living abroad for a while so I'm not familiar with the way things are in general; however, wouldn't more visible policing i.e. the police / traffic officers patrolling the roads and issuing fines to vehicle drivers and cyclists for bad road usage behaviour be a deterent ?

Edited by Coolcat